Chapter 43: "Sorry"

Start from the beginning

"I'll go play mahjong now," before leaving, Wnag Meiru pushed open Zheng Shuyi's door to take a look. Sure enough, she was sleeping again.

"You've been sleeping all day! Do you want to be the Goddess of Sleep?"

"I pulled an all-nighter last night to watch a drama," Zheng Shuyi's voice came out of the quilt, "Don't worry about me, I'm making up for the sleep."

"I'm too lazy to worry about you," Wang Meiru adjusted her sleeves and pretended to say casually, "I'm going to play mahjong with our principal's wife tomorrow, and then also go to her house to eat dinner. Would you want to come along? You haven't met Yu You for a while too."

"No."

After some more blabbering, Wang Meiru went out.

Originally, she didn't take Zheng Shuyi's behavior seriously. She thought that young people nowadays were like this, all they did was play on their phone on the bed.

However, on the sixth day of New Year, Zheng Shuyi slept all day again, and she started to notice that something was wrong.

On the morning of the seventh day, Zheng Shuyi didn't come out for breakfast again.

Wang Meiru walked into her room and asked, "Aren't you packing up? The high-speed rail ticket is at 3 o'clock in the afternoon."

"I don't have much stuff, I'll pack up in a bit."

Zheng Shuyi opened her eyes, sat up, and started to put on her coat.

Before she got out of bed, Wang Meiru already sat down on the bed beside her.

"Yiyi, did something happen recently?"

Wang Meiru leaned on the head of the bed, reached out her hand to straighten out her hair, and her voice suddenly became soft, "Is work not going very well? Or did you meet some other problems?"

After sleeping for two days, Zheng Shuyi's head was feeling a little heavy and her reaction wasn't really quick either.

It wasn't until the familiar smell coming from Wang Meiru's body engulfed her did she slowly come back to her senses.

However, the emotions in her heart have been piled so high that they pressed heavily on her chest, trying hard yet couldn't find a way to be released.

Zheng Shuyi leaned quietly in Wang Meiru's arms. Her nose felt sore, her throat felt stuffed, but she didn't speak.

Some emotions were no longer suitable to be revealed to her parents.

Beside her ears, Wang Meiru continued to whisper softly.

"If something's going on with your job, we can always find a solution. You can also ask your dad for help, he has met all kinds of hardships in his life."

"If you're really struggling, you can always come back home. You don't have to trap yourself in such a big city, Qingan has such a good environment too. Your dad and I can buy you a house and car, and you can still live comfortably."

"If you encounter relationship-related problems, just clench your teeth and things will pass. You're still very young, you'll meet many more people later in life, don't stress yourself out right now."

"But after you get older and have your own family and child, and when you look back at these things that you thought would be the end of the world, you'll realize that you were wrong. Bad things will always pass and good things will always come."

After a long time, Zheng Shuyi finally spoke while sobbing, "Mom, I did something wrong."

"Just let it be, who doesn't make mistakes? Just make sure to not make the same mistakes in the future."