Chapter 38: You're Not Her Uncle??

Although it was a holiday, the Spring Festival could be considered as one of the busiest days of the year.

Since arriving home on the night of the 28th, Zheng Shuyi pretty much didn't even get to rest properly yet. Her parents nagged her to clean the house and to prepare supplies for the New Year. Then she had to go visit a relative who was sick, and everything was finally over on the night of the thirtieth.

In the evening, dad was busy making New Year's Eve's dinner in the kitchen, and the TV was playing the Chinese New Year celebration performance.

Mrs. Wang sat on the sofa eating sunflower seeds while occasionally glancing at Zheng Shuyi, who was looking at her phone.

"Stop looking at the phone every minute! Your head is almost in the screen!"

Zheng Shuyi gave a "tsk", "I'm sending Chinese New Year greetings to my boss."

"How caring of you," said Wang Meiru, "Did you send New Year greetings to Yu You?"

"Yes, I wished him good luck, endless wealth, a successful job, and good health, is that sincere enough?I typed it word by word."

Wang Meiru obviously knew she was being sarcastic, "You might as well ask him out to a meal and say those personally, I think that's more sincere."

Zheng Shuyi was about to complain when caught a glance at something on her phone and immediately dashed to her room.

"What are you doing! It's almost time to eat!"

"I know!"

After a while, Zheng Shuyi came out of the room the second dinner started.

The two at the dinner table were still talking about Yu You.

"He's busy with work and didn't get home until today. Young people really work very hard nowadays."

"We should let him rest for a few more days, then ask him to bring our girl to dinner together."

"I'm not going."

Zheng Shuyi suddenly appeared at the dinner table. She picked up her bowl with a smile, "Stop trying to pull us together, we don't pair very well, and..."

Zheng Shuyi picked the rice in her bowl and said slowly, "I have arrangements for my own relationships."

Wang Meiru sneered and disapproved, "You say that every time but I never see any of your arrangements."

Zheng Shuyi buried her head in the food and didn't reply, but she was actually smiling very hard.

After a while, she finally muttered, "When I let you see him, I can't imagine how surprised you'll be."

At first, her parents didn't take her words seriously, until on the night of the third day of New Year.

"Why does she sneak out to call at this time every day?"

Wang Meiru tugged at Zheng Su's sleeve, "Could it be true?"

For the past three days, their family went to different relatives' homes every night to send their New Year's greetings. However, every night at around six or seven, Zheng Shuyi would start to constantly look at her phone and then soon go away with her phone, coming back after quite a while.

Zheng Su held a cup of tea and glanced at the balcony, "Let's go check it out."

On the open-air balcony, Zheng Shuyi was leaning against the fence and the wind blew her hair up.

"Yeah, I'll be attending a wedding tomorrow."

"A senior classmate from my college."

"Yeah, what, no one called you a senior when you were in school?"