Chapter 36: Take You to the Movies

Start from the beginning

Shi Yan smiled, pinched her hair, and swept it across the tip of her nose.

Once, twice, three times...

As if he was having fun playing, he kept patiently doing the same motion.

"What are you doing?"

After a while, Zheng Shuyi was awakened. Her voice sounded very irritated and was too lazy to even open her eyes.

"Phone call."

Zheng Shuyi's closed eyes took a second to calm down before suddenly opening them and grabbing over the phone.

The moment she saw the caller ID, she curled her lips, then stretched her voice, and said, "Mom..."

Shi Yan: "..."

What an interesting alias...

"I'm sleeping..." Zheng Shuyi rubbed her hair without sitting up.

Based on what Zheng Shuyi's mother knew about her, she was not a person who liked to sleep during the afternoon, so she found this a bit strange.

"Why are you sleeping in the afternoon?"

Zheng Shuyi didn't want to tell her mother that she was sick. After all, being alone and thousands of miles away, she would definitely start to worry.

"It's okay, I'm just a little sleepy."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the phone.

"So are you free? Then why don't you go meet Yu You?"

When Zheng Shuyi heard those two words, she immediately sat up.

Seeing her sudden movement, Shi Yan also glanced sideways at her.

The eyes of the two suddenly met, and two seconds later, Zheng Shuyi immediately looked away with a sense of guilt.

She scratched her head, "Mom, can't I at least have some rest on weekends?"

"Go have a meal and watch a movie together also counts as resting," her mother probably thought all of this as very natural, "Isn't there a new romance movie? I saw your cousin posting about it in her Moments, you two should go watch too."

"Mom, actually I..." She raised her eyes and took a peek at Shi Yan. He has already turned his back to her. "There's really no need, just please wait a little longer, I'll come back during Chinese New Year and tell you more."

"What? What do you mean to tell me more during Chinese New Year, did you ditch Yu You already?"

Zheng Shuyi grabbed the pillow helplessly, "No, I just..."

"Yiyi," her mother suddenly interrupted her, "If you don't like him just tell mom, I won't force you."

When Zheng Shuyi heard it, she nodded immediately.

"Yes yes yes, I don't really like that one."

But her mom almost said at the same time, "I'll go look for some more for you."

Zheng Shuyi: "..."

"Then tell mom, which kind do you like?"

Zheng Shuyi glanced at Shi Yan's back and murmured, "Didn't I send you the photos?"

"Duu, duu, duu..."

As the repetitive sound appeared, Zheng Shuyi took the phone in front of her eyes to take a look: Her mom hung up

The room instantly turned quiet.

Zheng Shuyi rubbed the phone and fell into a strange silence.

She felt that ever since she answered the phone, Shi Yan has been somewhat looking at her.