"Your grace, we need your—" Cyan started once more, only to be abruptly interrupted by Roshan's voice, the first utterance since the fateful event.

"I am grieving, Cyan," the duke's words cut through the air, a raw expression of the pain etched on his face. The unspoken agony lingered in the space between them.

"We all are, your grace. We all are grieving for her death. It has been a month, please, the people need the duke of Reidensteigh," Cyan pleaded, the frustration in his tone revealing the mounting pressure on their leader to reclaim his responsibilities.

"If you continue doing this, we shall lose the state. The entire Reidensteigh land will fall onto the Imperial Court, you will lose your title!" Cyan's desperate plea hung in the air, punctuated by a weary exhale as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I lost my wife, and my children," the duke's voice broke the silence, a soft whisper carrying the weight of profound loss. A solitary tear traced a path down his cheek. "What more is there to lose?" he uttered, the echo of grief resonating through the hallowed halls of the once vibrant mansion.

Cyan exited the chamber, leaving behind the silent grief of the duke. The guards and the long, somber hallways guided him to the training ground, where he released an exasperated growl, the weight of his frustrations echoing in the open space.

"Hey, can you shut up?!" Blessime's annoyance cut through the air, her mourning disrupted by Cyan's outburst. She sat on a swing, seeking solace in her own thoughts.

Realizing his lapse, Cyan approached Blessime, enveloping her in a tight embrace. In normal circumstances, Blessime might have resisted, but she sensed something different this time. Cyan trembled in her arms, his soft whimper escalating into a continuous cry, laying bare the depth of his pain.

United in their sorrow, they shared a profound sense of loss. The mystery surrounding the duchess's passing left everyone in a state of mourning, grappling with questions that had no answers.

Blessime ended up crying alongside him. She didn't know what happened because Latisha didn't give any heads up. What the duchess said to her before is now haunting her. She should have asked why the duchess apologizes for unknown reasons, she should have expounded the statement and not ditched it.

After a long time, Cyan released his grasp and looked at her intently. "Are you going to leave me too?" he asked.

Blessime was caught off guard by the question. Her lips parted but no words were spilled. There is no more reason for Blessime to stay in the duchy because Latisha is no longer there. If she wishes to stay, her life will only be bound to conflict. She's a Moore, and the Moore Clan has been burned by Laviene herself. She still wonders why she didn't die from that flame.

"I have no reason to stay," she softly replied after a long silence.

Cyan's eyes were filled with pain as Blessime revealed her decision. "Am I not enough for you to stay? I can protect you," he pleaded, attempting to sway her resolve.

"This place is filled with my cousin's memories. I can't bear living here when I see her in every corner," Blessime softly explained, her hands trailing on Cyan's chest. "I also need to find Magnus; my brother might be alive. Laviene didn't hurt me, and maybe he didn't either."

"Can't you not go?" Cyan continued to plead.

"I must leave," Blessime firmly stated. "The legion will arrive, and if they see me, can your protection withstand an entire army? It is your life against mine. We already know that what we have is forbidden, and therefore we need to end it before it's too late."

"What if it's already severe?" Cyan questioned. His hands caught hers, placing them on his cheek. "I can stand against a thousand enemies if I have you by my side. We can surpass this together."