CHAPTER 43

[ C H A P T E R 43 ]

OMNISCIENT

Today marked the eagerly anticipated election day for the new lord of the state. The air was thick with tension as everyone anxiously awaited the results, acutely aware of the potential threats lurking in the shadows. The atmosphere crackled with a mix of anticipation and unease.

The stakes were high, and the participants were ready for both defense and offense. The looming uncertainty added an extra layer of intensity to the proceedings. The winner, whoever they might be, would emerge victorious atop the aftermath of a potentially violent struggle, their identity shrouded in secrecy.

In this charged environment, the fate of the state hung in the balance. The upcoming tally would not only determine the new leader but could also set the stage for a fierce and clandestine power shift. The participants and observers alike braced themselves for the revelation that would unfold amid the backdrop of a tense and uncertain day.

Everyone were gathered at the Edinburgh State Hall where the ballots have been collected and tallied. Aside from the participants, civilians are present and also some high ranking nobles. The future of Edinburgh lies on the result of the election.

In a cabin in one of the streets of the center, Latisha was sitting on a wooden chair, facing the glass window, watching people outside discreetly.

"Are you okay, your grace?" Laphel asked as he approached her. They were wearing cloaks, like most of the people who don't want to reveal themselves. Showing their faces right now might disrupt the plan.

"Just a little nervous," Latisha replied. Her voice was a bit shaken but she managed to give Laphel a smile. "What is the status at the State Hall?" She asked.

"Lamperouge is leading," Laphel replied. He stood behind the duchess and both looked at the window. "The duke is amongst the high ranking nobles who watches the vote counting," he added.

"And where is Napoleon?" Latisha asked.

The tension grows stronger and wider. Any moment there could be an error and the tally will be disrupted. They cannot dare to have any loopholes.

"He is just a street across ours, and the Jacksons are just beside them," he replied. Laphel's voice was nonchalant for he felt the burden that is now coming back on his shoulders. "Blessime Moore is outside the inn. The Knights of the duke were guarding the inn where the participants reside," he added.

"Moore Clan surrounded the entire street, as well as the tally hall. They already infiltrated the ballot chamber, and we must prepare to lose," Latisha uttered.

"Is there another option for blood that shouldn't be spilled?" Laphel suddenly asked.

"This is necessary, Laphel. We cannot change the course and prolong the arc just because we cannot accept it will happen," Latisha replied. "As a strategist, you already know multiple possibilities for this event but all lead to the same end. Whoever wins, war will still break out," she added.

"Is it truly necessary to detach yourself from the protection of the duke? How can we guarantee that you'll survive today?" Laphel said with a tinged worry.

Latisha didn't reply and silence welcomed them once more. In the past, when the fall of Edinburgh happened in only a single day, Latisha marched her way towards the Empire City and burned that place to the ground. This day will mark the beginning of the end for Magnolia, but would it truly happen?

Latisha feared the outcome, but she wants to bring an end for this saga once and for all. Nakakapagod na ang paulit-ulit isipin ang lahat ng bakit. All will end today, and for those who witness the sun rising tomorrow, they shall live to tell the tale.