The Hashire Prince, a figure of regal grace, gracefully moved his fingers to the strings of the zither. "The threads of fate are complex, your grace. Latisha is entwined in a destiny that carries weighty consequences. The immunity to blood and other anomalies are manifestations of powers dormant within her. Powers that surpass the ordinary."

"We already know that, but this past week, she's been rarely seen lovely, she's always alone, making me wish to know what troubles her," Roshan replied. His worry towards his wife is evident in his face.

The goddess of time uttered, "Her connection to the magical realms runs deep. The child she carries bears a unique blend of magic, a potent force that could tip the balance. Your suspicions are not unfounded, but the path ahead is veiled. Choices must be made with care."

"What do you two know?" Roshan asked.

Giselle didn't say anything and only stared at the duke, then to her lover. The Hashire Prince focused himself on the music he was playing. A melody that transcended beyond time.

"To be honest, your grace," Giselle uttered. Wince let her go so she could step forward to the duke. "I cannot foresee her future on the same timeline anymore. She's drifted from the line of life, and her journey is dealing to the unknown," she uttered.

"What causes this?" Roshan asked worriedly.

"Her sister, Laviene. As you said, your grace. You suspect her involvement, and that already explained why she's strange," the Hashire Prince uttered. His focus was on the music but he is carefully listening.

"Are you saying my wife is being controlled inside?" he said, unbelieving. He looked at the prince, yearning for answers. "I need to know and understand why this is happening. You both told me the possibility of the future," he paused and pointed at the prince. "You proposed that bargain to take one of my daughters away, but you never truly explained why. I am behind the curtains of this play, unable to know what truly transpires!"

"Your grace, calm down," Wince intervened.

"I am, I am calm, I am just desperate," the duke said.

"You have to ask your wife, your grace. She can only answer the questions you asked," the prince uttered.

"But she's not speaking much," the duke uttered. "She always says she's fine, and I am worried about her," he added. "What can I do to ensure the safety of Latisha and the child? How do we navigate these uncharted waters?" He continued.

Giselle's eyes glowed with a compassionate light. "The journey ahead is uncertain, but trust your instincts. Seek the truth with an open heart, and the answers will reveal themselves. Latisha's fate is intertwined with the fate of Reidensteigh. Be vigilant, your grace. The currents of destiny are in motion, and you must navigate them wisely. The choices you make will shape the future."

Roshan listened to the words the goddess of time said. Even if that lifted his spirit, the question still remains. He is still thinking: is the duchess he sees truly his wife?

He heaved a deep sigh. "Tell me truthfully what happened to the past that will be repeated in the near future," he demanded.

The zither stopped moving when the prince stopped playing. Giselle held Wince's hand and silence involved the garden. The duke already knew this is a second life to the duchess, and so, he must do everything in his strength to prevent the events from transpiring again.

Would he succeed?

~~~***•••***~~~

Present time.

"Cousin!" Blessime uttered the moment she saw Latisha's figure from the door of the manor where they are currently residing. She embraced the duchess as if they hadn't met for years. "Oh, this felt like years!" she added.