Six

Wedding plans began right away. You couldn't express your happiness. You loved Light so much. There was nothing you wouldn't do for your fiancé. He felt the same way. It was the best time of your life. Soon you would be ____ Yagami.

Wanting to look at wedding dresses just to get an idea. You went to find Light's laptop. He surely wouldn't mind. You looked in his office for the laptop. Light had left his Death Note on his desk. He did it on purpose. Light wanted you to see Ryuk but didn't want to just make you touch the book to see the hideous shinigami. While looking for his laptop, stumbled upon the note. Out of curiosity, you picked up the note and read the rules. You had forgotten about the shinigami. Light assumed you remembered.

"So," You heard a raspy voice, "You're the fiancé?"

You turned to see Ryuk. You dropped the book and screamed. You then realized it was a shinigami. Light didn't talk much about his particular shinigami. He just said he had one who was named Ryuk.

"Have any apples?" Ryuk asked, wide eyed.

"N-no," You stuttered, "You're Ryuk a-aren't you?"

He nodded. The both of you had heard Light unlock the door of the house. He soon walked in the office.

"You better not be harassing ____ for apples," Light warned.

"Heh," the creature chuckled.

"I see you found my Death Note," sighed Light.

You cleared your throat, "Yes."

He turned his head and looked at his desk, "Did you read the rules?"

"Yes."

"I hope you have a better understanding now."

"I think I do,"

He smiled at you. You walked towards him and you both left the room. The two of you decided to make dinner and while eating what you made, he told you how he hid it. Afterwards, he even showed you.

"Well, that's interesting. You thought of this yourself?" You smiled at your fiancé.

He smiled back, "I did."

"You're so smart, Light. I love you," You embraced him.

"I love you, too, ____," He kissed your forehead.

He then leaned in and kissed your lips. You began to kiss back. You pulled away and later your head on his shoulder.

"I'm glad we're together, Light."

"So am I. Let's get ready for bed."

Once you were ready to go to bed, you and Light began to cuddle. You cuddled until you fell asleep. When you woke up, Light had already left for work. You had a day off and decided to do some cleaning until about three o'clock. You cleaned yourself up and found a good book. There was a perfect spot on the couch calling your name. That's where you stayed until Light came home. You heard the door open and his bag hit the floor near the door. You watched as he scrambles angrily into the kitchen.

"Light?" You called out, "Are you alright?"

He walked to you, a sad apologetic look on his face. Light captured you in a hug.

"Light?" You whispered.

He sighed, "They're on to me, ____. I'm going to get caught. If I do get caught, you don't know anything. You were just someone who got pulled into this mess with no clue that she was tangled in it. It's not that far from the truth."

You pulled away from his embrace. Tears began running down your face.

"No," You began, "Light. This can't be..."

You stopped and sat on the couch in a craze of sorrow and frustration. Your head became buddies in your hands but you got an idea. You knew Light wouldn't approve of this but you were hopeful it would work even of it destroyed you.

The next day, you called work to tell them you were sick. Once light had left for work, you git on his computer abd set it up for a message as Kira. You also got the Death Note out. You were sure this would work.

As you began your transmission, Matsuda from the task force heard about it and ran to show Light.

"Look! A transmission from Kira!" He shouted.

Other men started to crowed around the computer screen. Light was baffled. A large "K" appeared on the screen.

A distorted voice began, "Hello, this is Kira. This is my last message for I am surrendering but I shall not spend my days rotting away."

A face now came on screen.

"Isn't that-" Matsuda started.

"____," Lighte muttered.

Your voice was in the place of the distorted voice, "I am Kira. I am justice!"

You held up the Death Note and a pen.

Light stood up and shouted, "NO!"

You smiled into the camera and began to write a name down. You fell to the ground and began to have a heart attack. The transmission became silent. The only thing left was the light grey wall that was behind you. Light fell to his knees and began to cry and scream as he held his head.

Light screamed, "No! No!"

"We need to move!" One man shouted.

Most of them left to the scene of the crime except one. Matsuda carefully approached Light, placing a hand on his right shoulder.

"Light," Matsuda said over Light's loud, shaky breaths, "She's... Please... Um..."

He hadn't a clue how to comfort Light.

"Light, I'll drive you there with me so, uh, you could..." Matsuda paused, "So you could get some closure."

Light slowly sat up with the coldest expression painted on his face. They walked to the car and drive to what was your house. When they arrived, Light stay by the car as Matsuda ran in the house. About 10 minutes past and Matsuda returned with the book and a note. Light, still wearing that cold expression, opened the book to your name. You had copied his handwriting.

"She made it look like it was her all along," He thought while he closed the book.

He looked at the note.

-Dearest Light,

Eternally, I shall love you but I have been lying to you. Shall you find out what happened, you'd find that I was Kira all along. Keeping this secret was no easy task, you were my genius after all.

Remember, I love you Light. You were my world. It pains me that I could never get to sign my name as ____ Yagami but I hope you understand. I can't express how deeply sorry I am.

Forever yours,
_____ _____ -

Light looked at the first four capital letters. They spelled out "DESK."
After an hour, the team left. They were going to celebrate but let Light be by himself. Once they left, Light check the secret compartment where he his the Death Note. There was the true note.

---
My genius Light,

If you're reading this you found my message. You were going to get caught and I couldn't live with that so, as you can see, I posed as Kira. I love you Light, you lit up my life. You were the best thing that's happened to me and I couldn't thank you enough. I bet you've caught on but I copied your handwriting for the book and note. Maybe, Light, we could me on this empty plain that we've doomed ourselves to. Maybe with each other it won't be so bad. I love you with my whole heart. Please forgive me, love.

Yours forever,
____ Yagami

---

Light broke into tears, took a piece of paper and wrote out his final message. He ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife. Before doing what he was about to do, he thought about all the great parts of his life. He smiled with tear running down his face.

"Forgive me," He whispered just as he plunged the knife into his heart.