scars.

"Cassidy!" You scream, feeling your throat go raw. You watched as the yellow rabbit took your brother's life. "Let him go!"

You try to run but you feel the rabbit grip tightly on your wrist. You scream and sob in pain as it drags a knife down your arm, leaving a bright red wound.

You somehow manage to escape the clutch of it, running as fast as you can. By now your brother had been dead. There was nothing you could do.

You jolted awake, feeling yourself covered in sweat as you shook in fear while tears covered your face. You hadn't had nightmares about the incident in years.

You hated it. You hated how vulnerable and weak you felt.

Your finger traced the long scar that ran down your forearm as you tried to calm down. You took deep breaths, hoping it would stop you from crying.

You look over at your alarm clock, realizing you didn't have enough time to fall back asleep.  Taking a deep breath, you decide to take a shower and get ready for the day.

Feeling the hot water hit your body helped to calm you down, as well as wake you up for the day. Water trickled down your body, making you almost forget your nightmare.

You got out of the shower slipping on a knit sweater with a pair of black slacks. You dried your hair and styled it to your liking. You looked at yourself once more in the mirror content enough with how you looked for the day.

"Good morning," You say quietly walking into the office. You immediately go and grab a cup of coffee, basically chugging it.

"Morning [Y/N]," Steve smiles. "You doing alright?"

"Could be better." You mutter as the phone starts ringing.

"Hold on, let me get that." He says picking up the phone. "Hello." He greeted whoever was on the other line.

"Mr. I can't work nights." He remarked. You chuckled at his snarkiness. 

You then remember the guy from yesterday who couldn't work at Freddy's because it was the night shift. Your curiosity immediately peaked.

"Oh, it absolutely is. Why? Have you had a change of heart?"

You continued to listen as you sorted files he had left in a pile for you. It wasn't even intentional that you'd been absorbing all the information he gave to your knowledge, but it gave you a great idea.

What if you went back and looked around?

You knew most likely nothing would come out of it, but you could at least look around. Besides it wouldn't hurt, after all, it would be only one night.

Steve continued to explain the backstory of Freddy's and how everything had worked.

"He actually took the job?" You ask. From what it seemed yesterday, he wasn't interested in the job at all.

"Surprisingly yes." He chuckled.

You look down at your coffee mug, seeing it empty. You go to fill up your cup only to be greeted by something, or someone rather.

You stood there in terror as you looked at the blonde boy. Chills ran up your spine realizing it was your dead brother Cassidy.

"Cassidy?" You spoke softly. Your brother stood there, not saying anything as he stared.

But he wasn't staring at you.

"Hey, are you alright?" Steve asked putting a hand on your shoulder. His voice broke you out of your daze. You turn to face him, looking startled.

"Oh yeah— I'm okay." You mumble. Seeing a hallucination of your dead brother was definitely a sign that you weren't okay.

You turned back around and he was gone. You must've been seeing things. You look back at Steve who had a concerned look on his face.

"You've been acting strange today, is everything okay?" He asked sounding concerned for your well-being. To be honest you weren't even sure if you had been okay.

"I'm fine I just— I thought I saw something." You mumble.

But it was no coincidence that you saw Cassidy right? You never experienced hallucinations like that, even after the incident.  

So why was it now that you were seeing him? And why was he looking at Steve?

"Hey, maybe you should sit down for a minute," He suggests pulling a chair over for you to sit on. You sit down, needing a moment to regain your composure.

"Thank you."

"Do you wanna go home early? I can send you home if you want." He asks bringing you a bottle of water.

"I think I'll be okay," You assure him forcing a slight smile. Deep down you felt confused and stressed. "Thank you for offering though." You say taking a sip of water.

"Just let me know if you need anything."

The rest of the day you took it easy since Steve insisted on it. You sorted the rest of his files and just picked up things around the office in between his clients' appointments.

Your mind still agonized over Cassidy though. You couldn't just forget seeing your dead brother. You were almost considering the fact that you might be schizophrenic. Because there could have been no other reason you would've been seeing him.

Steve had kept an eye on you, worried for your well-being. You didn't mind because you knew it was just because he cared about you.

"Have a good night [Y/N]. Take it easy why don't ya?" Steve smiles ruffling your hair. You couldn't help but laugh.

"I'll definitely try." You smile.

You get back home immediately flopping onto your couch. You felt exhausted because of everything that happened today.

However, something was drawing you to Freddy's, and you really wanted to go. You knew nothing could hurt you there, after all, it had been abandoned for years. You just weren't sure if you were even ready to step foot in that building again.

But something in you was telling you that you had to do this. For Cassidy.

You went to your room changing out of your work clothes into a hoodie and sweatpants. If you were going to do this, you at least wanted to be comfy.

You had a few hours to kill before heading up there so you decided to watch TV to pass the time. You bundled up on your couch watching reruns of Full House.

Hours later you woke up not realizing you had fallen asleep. Which honestly helped in your favor. You grab your keys off the coffee table, heading to Freddy's.

With the help of your GPS, you arrived at the location, seeing how desolate and abandoned it looked. You parked sort of far from the building, getting a good look at it.

"What the hell am I doing?" You whisper to yourself. You felt crazy coming back because the chances of you finding anything were almost zero. 

You knew if you got caught, you'd be risking your job. In your heart though, you would do anything to get closure for Cassidy.

Taking a deep breath, you get out of the car and walk up to the front door. You decide to stand and wait by the door. The new hire should be here any moment now.

You see a car pull up, and the guy from yesterday getting out. He looked exhausted. More exhausted than you were. He walks up, looking at you confused.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked.