remembering him.

You sat at Sparky's Diner waiting for your food as you tapped your fingertips on the table. You decided to treat yourself to breakfast before heading to work.

"Here's your food, if there's anything else let me know!" The brunette boy chirps. At least someone was happy at their job.

You smile at him. "Thank you uh— Ness. Thank you, Ness." You say, squinting as you struggle to read his name tag.

"Anytime, I'll be around so let me know if you need something," He smiles walking off to another table.

You eat your breakfast in peace, enjoying the quietness of the diner. Lots of older folk and truck drivers usually came to the diner this early in the morning.

You finish your breakfast, then driving to work, taking a deep breath before entering the door. You walk through the lobby finding the room you looking for.

Steve Raglan's Office.

You open the door to see your boss Mr. Raglan and another guy, who must've been at his scheduled appointment. It looks like he was about to leave.

"Sorry," You mumble as you two walk past each other. "What was that all about?" You ask Mr. Raglan.

He sighs pinching the bridge if his nose. "This guy— He beat up a man in broad daylight and expects to be able to get a good job. So I offered him a job at Freddy's since the previous night guard quit. But I guess he can't work nights." He explains sounding irritated.

"Freddy Fazbear's? I haven't heard that name in years." You sigh sitting in one of the chairs. Thoughts of your brother flashed into your mind. You missed him a lot.

Steve sighs. "Yeah, it's been shut down for years. The owner just can't let it go." He chuckles, setting his files down on his desk.

"Yeah, I don't really have any good memories there." You shrug trying to brush off the sadness you felt.

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking of course" He asks curiously.

"Can we— Can we talk about something else, please? It's just something I'm not ready to talk about."

You never really got over the death of your brother. You pushed the feelings aside for years, but you never truly got over him. You also never brought it up to people.

Steve nods.

"Wow, you've got a lot of rabbit-themed stuff huh?" You notice trying to distract yourself from your own thoughts. You hold up the rabbit's foot on his desk inspecting it.

He chuckles, seemingly amused with your observation. "Yeah, I used to have a pet rabbit when I was younger. Kind of just grown to like them I suppose."

"That's nice," You smile.

You and Steve had been pretty close. You've worked with him for about a year now, mostly just doing his busy work. You were paid well for it and couldn't complain nonetheless.

He was extremely kind to you and always chatted you up. For being his assistant, he didn't treat you as a lesser but more as an equal. He enjoyed your company and you enjoyed his.

"You've got any plans after work?" He asks you. You think for a moment, even though you knew your nights really only consisted of watching chick flicks and ice cream.

You shake your head. "Besides going home to the cats, not really no." You chuckle. Going home to your cats didn't seem like a bad plan.

"Well, that's a shame. You should get out there and do something. You don't have any friends you can hang out with?"

"Hm not really," You shrug. "I'm not really into that kind of stuff anyway. Besides you're like the only person I talk to."

"Why's that?"

"Well my parents moved away and my brother— He's not here anymore." You gulp starting to feel that twinge of sadness again. "That's why I didn't want to talk about Freddy's." You admit.

He looks at me with sorrow written all over his face. Somehow the sorrow didn't feel genuine to you. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to bring it up again."

"It's okay. I should be honest with you anyway." You say, smiling softly. "Besides it was a long time ago."

It still stung a little bit bringing it up.

"So, you have any plans after work?" You ask him, diverting the focus of your conversation to something hopefully more lighthearted.

"Not at all." He smiles. You laugh at his straightforward answer.

The rest of the work day had been pretty normal, making phone calls, sorting paperwork, and all the other fun things being an assistant had in store for you.

The end of the day quickly approached, leaving you to your movies and dessert. You couldn't be more excited.

"We'll have fun hanging out with your cats, I'm sure it'll be fun." Steve chuckled slipping his coat on.

You playfully rolled your eyes, laughing with him. "Oh, I definitely will."

With that, you both went your separate ways as you headed to your car. You looked over to see Steve waving at you. You gleefully waved back, giggling to yourself.

He must've been lonely considering he's never talked about any kids or a wife. Maybe you were the closet to what he could consider a kid. But that was just your theory anyway.

The drive home had been relaxing as the warming April air flowed through your windows as you listened to the music that had played on the radio.

You got home and sat on your couch watching whatever movie had been playing. However, you couldn't focus on the movie. Your mind raced back to your brother.

You tried hard to erase the thought of him from your memory. You hadn't done a good enough job because just hearing Freddy Fazbear's Pizza made you remember everything.

You look over at a picture of your family, back when all four of you were together. Now you were moved out and your parents moved to Florida.

They never found the person who had killed your brother. After that day, your family vowed to never go back to Freddy's, with it only shut down a few months later.

You remembering seeing the rabbit that lured you two to the backroom. You unfortunately didn't get to see who was underneath the mask. You had been lucky enough to escape, but you would easily trade your life for his in a heartbeat.

You felt your breathing pick up and your heart race as you recalled the incident, one that you purposefully buried in the back of your mind.

Hearing the building was still in tact made you want to explore it. Maybe there was something you could find, that could give you closure.