LCP: Reimagining

We're giving the nine remaining authors who didn't get a pass for the Finale one last chance to show what they've got.

Last round, the last chance perfomers were tasked to write a two-sentence story each as their entries. Now, for the Showdown's LCP, we're requiring them to give us something new.

Listed below is a collection of memorable lines from different novels — classic, YA, children's... — and plays from where the authors will pick one line each:

"Fair is foul, and foul is fair. Hover through the fog and filthy air."
—William Shakespeare, Macbeth

"At any rate, that is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great."
—Willa Carter, My Antonia

“Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I’m not living.”
—Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

“‘Dear God,’ she prayed, ‘let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.’”
—Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

“The curves of your lips rewrite history.”
—Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

“A dream, all a dream, that ends in nothing, and leaves the sleeper where he lay down, but I wish you to know that you inspired it.”
—Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
—Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights

“As Estha stirred the thick jam he thought Two Thoughts and the Two Thoughts he thought were these: a) Anything can happen to anyone. and b) It is best to be prepared.”
—Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things

"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."
—Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being A Wallflower

“America, I’ve given you all and now I’m nothing.”
—Allen Ginsburg, “America”

“How wild it was, to let it be.”
—Cheryl Strayed, Wild

“The half life of love is forever.”
—Junot Diaz, This Is How You Lose Her

“There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.”
—Bram Stroker, Dracula

“It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.”
—J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

“Only once you destroy who you think you are can you embrace who you truly are”
― Soman Chainani, The School for Good and Evil

The authors' job is to use the lines as their own, give them their own interpretations, and add them to their microfic with a maximum word count of 100 (no minimum). Just choose one line and surprise us. The chosen line should be both italicized and in bold letters.

Here is one good example from the #MNLFiftyShadesofGrey tweets:

 His other hand grabs my ponytail and yanks down, bringing my face up.

"Ate, anong klaseng gupit?" he then said.

The entries don't necessarily need to be comic. The authors should be creative in reimagining and giving the readers a new angle to view their lines from.

Just like last season and last round, they must use any of the themes used by any team, but it should be in this season. They will pick one and use it in their story, which would not require a title.

In passing, the authors should include their username and the theme they've chosen.

Same as before, we'll be giving a 48-hour deadline for this. So all entries must be sent by Saturday, 20 June 2015, 1PM on our official Facebook page. Never mind saving it in a file. Just send it directly to our inbox.

All entries will be posted that very same day.

Good luck everyone!