Liriko 2: Showdown

Who would have thought that it will be this fast. From a whopping number of 64, we're now down to top and best 12 authors of the season. When everything is going nowhere but down, all you have to do is fly. Good luck :)

1 This is the semi-finals! It's every man for himself now and the best way to propel yourself to the Top 3 is by writing the best entry you can imagine for Liriko. The all-out brawl continues as you battle one another for the possibility to take the royal spots.

2 The Showdown is the round where the remaining authors got to ride in the driver's seat in terms of song selection. Started last Monday, the authors talked and consulted their coaches about the songs they picked for themselves. There were no really restrictions (except the song's language) for picking their own songs; they were in the driver seat, what happens this round is totally up to them. In the end, twelve (12) meaningful songs were chosen. (Please refer to the previous chapter for the list).

3 We like writers that use songs creatively. Put in your stories the themes and messages of those songs as creatively as you can. Pwedeng obvious pero the more creative, the better. Your goal is to make readers feel the song, make them feel that same feeling they got when they listened to the song- if possible, elevate it. Take those songs as one of the main sources of your plot but don't give us a lyric after lyric parade. The coaches and readers have that memorized. Always remember that what you're making is one shot, not a novel. And whatever you do, do not lose the song.

4 I personally invited those four coaches here. They are not just here to be the noun, they are also here to be the verb. You can ask them for tips and advices, twists and turns, or where can your story probably go. Your coach, however, will not give any line/paragraph/dialogue in your one-shot. You should be the one molding it, they are just there for the guidelines on how you can improve your story. Pwede niyo silang kulitin kung paano mapapaganda ang story, pero hinding-hindi sila magsa-suggest ng magiging plot/storyline niyo. Also, remember that letting your coach read your whole entry, before the posting of entries, is strictly against the rules. A fraction or a paragraph or two is enough.

5 This round will mostly follow the elimination method of Playoffs. The public choice (to be detailed later on) will return, a voting period will commence starting on the day of the posting of entries + a day later. So that will be a two-day voting period. As a result, the entry with the most votes will secure his/her spot on the Top 3 despite of his/her rank for the round. The 2nd author to secure his/her place in the Top 3 will be the one with the highest average. If the one saved by the public is also the one with the highest average, we will choose the second highest average. The coaches have no power to save anyone this round.

6 Two authors will enter the Top 3 without writing again. However, the ten (10) remaining authors are still not out of the competition. We know everybody loves a good comeback, that's why there's what we call Last Chance Performance (to be detailed later on) here in Liriko. LCPs differ every time, this round will showcase a different theme from that of the last round.

7 Enjoy and just write normally and alot a room for improvement, always chase down improvement.

8 Send your entries to either one of these inboxes: official_liriko@yahoo.com (E-mail) or Liriko: A One-shot Writing Contest (Facebook). Entitle your file with your username and the team you're in and make sure to do the very same on the document proper so we can put the right details in your entry. In addition to this, to avoid missing lines, excessive spaces, joint sentences, and the like, we will be requiring you to save it in .docx format.

[ REQUIREMENTS ]

[ TITLE ]

You know what we're looking for, creativity.Make sure the whole title of the song is not present in your story title. Give that impact na sa title pa lang interesting na yung story.

[ BODY ]

You know the drill: No emoticons, no author's notes, no orders of playing the song on the side, no warnings that the next scenes are flashbacks. Pwedeng informal writing pero sana wala yung mga ganito. They should all flow smoothly like you're listening to the actual song.

Playoffs and Showdown are the only rounds to feature Elements. You know this already but we'll tell you anyways: these elements can be used in any way you want in the story, they can also be translated to Tagalog. The Playoffs Elements are always objects while Showdown Elements are always characters. Below is the list of the Elements that you will use, we are only asking for two (2) elements to be present but you are more than welcomed to use more than that. Keep in mind that these characters don't need to be, but may be, main characters. Use your creativity in presenting them to us.

1 A sixty-year old whore/prostitute

2 A very talkative taxi driver

3 A raunchy house maid

4 A pastor's wife

5 A crazy, homeless man

6 A kid with an imaginary friend

Last season, one of the required characters is an out-of-place animal just like Sandy in Spongebob Squarepants.

" What are you looking at?" She said to Chris the Pig as he laid eyes on her as he was walking down the hallway. He lowered his stare as he tried to walk pass by her. Autumn the Shark blocked his path and nudged him a bit, his body went rigid and fear took over his body. "You don't belong here" she whispered to him and swam right passed him. "

- Le Tyran, autumn_star

[ THEME ]

This round, we discuss the sin of Infidelity. Expect entries of betrayal, disloyalty and unfaithfulness in different topics of life. The only thing we want for the entries is the sense of maturity in them.

[ LENGTH ]

Yes, we're keeping it. By this round, all authors are required to pass an entry falling between the range of 2,000 words to 2,500 words. Keep in mind that we are following the Wattpad Word Counter.

[ LANGUAGE ]

It can be in either English, Tagalog or Taglish. If you are planning to write mainly in other language . . . just don't.

[ DEADLINE ]

Summer is heading to a close, bummer summer. You might need a little more time to achieve those sun-kissed skin. Don't worry, we got you. The deadline will thread from today, May 15, 2015 to May 31, 2015 11:59pm. Yes, you have the remaining fraction of the month to just write and get lost in your thoughts or feel the sand underneath your feet. And as usual, entries will be accepted even until June 1, 2015 11:59pm but a deduction of three points will be awarded.

[ CRITERIA FOR JUDGING ]

35% - Relation to the song's theme

30% - Creativity

20% - Clarity/Organization

15% - Sentence structure/Requirements

Best of luck everyone! Be the writers tomorrow need :)