The Theme

Last season, in this same round, the authors put their claws out in the wild theme of 'Fables'. Liriko 1 First Runner-up and Current Round Judge, Aeris (MaskedDreams1), took home the recognition for penning the best fable among the bunch.

Now, let's not really dwell with the past. This season, we tried to think of a theme that is quite real and current but can still be explored, may be cliche but can still be not cliche. The one-minute trailer posted last night on our FB page revealed that the theme this round is about disloyalty, unfaithfulness and dishonesty- infidelity.

According to our dear friend, Merriam-Webster, here is the dictionary meaning of that word:

INFIDELITY, noun

in·fi·del·i·ty\ˌin-fə-ˈde-lə-tē, -(ˌ)fī-\

- unfaithfulness to a moral obligation; disloyalty

Infidelity is not really confined within the walls of marital unfaithfulness; though it might be mainly about it, infidelity also encompasses other moral disloyalty such as religion and kinship. This theme is still broad and roads less traveled are still there yet we're too familiar with this. That is the main reason why this theme is chosen for the round, we agreed that this might bring out mature stories given that mature theme is in use.

Guest Judge Aeris also has something to say about the theme:

" To be honest, I am against infidelity. I just hate that. Lol. It's just one of those unexplainable yet deep dislike kind of things. (Pero may onting hugot na rin siguro? Lol) But then again, infidelity is one of the greatest plot twists to a love story. Sometimes people are just so in love with their partner and think that that person loves them that much as well and they will never see it coming until reality slaps them hard in the face and rips their heart out. Lol. It's just really really really unexepected. And that's what makes it a wonderful plot twist, may it be a bit overused. Let's also not forget that this happens in the real world quite often as well. After all, the real word is a cruel world. Haha.

Anyway, almost everyone knows that I love tragedy and a few shedding of tears here and there. So, yeah... That's pretty much it. Let your imagination run wild and we'll see. *grins* "

Whether you're cool with or against it, the Showdown will continue. Threading from today, May 11, up to Wednesday, May 13, you can talk about this to your respective coaches and suggest or explain to them possible songs to use as inspiration. Keep in mind that on or before Wednesday, you should have chosen and presented your songs to your coaches already. Yes, the author himself/herself will choose his/her own song as inspiration. The coaches will make sure that no two or more authors will get to use the same song, each author should use a different song from one another. Also, all those songs used from the previous rounds (except for those which did not qualify to the Playoffs Filtered List) will be cancelled out and not accepted. In the rare situation of an author being unable to present a song inspiration on time, his/her coach will assign a song for him/her. The language of the song must only be in either English or Tagalog.

Since you're the ones to choose this round, it's better to not sabotage yourselves. Pag-isipan niyong mabuti kung ano ang kaya niyo at kung ano pa ang maibibigay niyo. This is the second to the last round, all efforts should be tripled.

The mechanics and stuffs concerning the round will be posted after everyone has presented the songs.

Who's guilty of committing infidelity? Sshh . . . don't tell us your story, show us.