𝟎𝟏𝟏 A TICKET TO BARCELONA

Start from the beginning

isabel gulped, "me and lily booked a ticket to barcelona for their final and we were hoping if you could come with." her sentence was rushed and inaudible. the only words jocelyn could make out were, booked, ticket, barcelona. she swore she could hear the resound of her jaw hitting the hard-wood floor as she realised, while isabel and lilia anticipated for her response, jocelyn's heart leaped a beat as her throat searched for an answer.

"do i have to go." jocelyn's question sounded rather as if she demanded the answer immediately.

isabel bit her lip, not knowing how she could turn this bold choice of her's onto the bright side. ever since her youth, isabel loved barcelona. not just the futbol club but as well as the city in general. she loved wandering around the streets of barcelona, the summer heat lingering on her skin, and the floral breeze that detoxed her soul. if one were to ask where isabel's ideal summer vacation was, the immediate answer would be catalonia of spain. of course she also likes madrid, but over time, she got used to the places and the atmosphere.

" ... yes?"

jocelyn sighed, it wasn't like she didn't want to visit barcelona. she did. she could feel her chest tightening, she hadn't been to barcelona in ages. it was a foreign feeling for her, for one, being that her job is held in madrid and she had loved in the capital of spain ever since she began her life in madrid since middle school. she had completed everything in madrid, her graduation, earning her job, and many more to come. the only person she was familiar with in barcelona was,

PEDRI? jocelyn's relief was met when the soon of the other line answered, her nervousness only grew when all she heard was pure static instead of an 'hola'. her eyes closed shut, praying that her call would reach her friend. her second option was pablo's sister, however she had lost her number ever since she purchased her new phone, even if she did, their friendship had fallen apart as time casually strolled by.

"aló, soy gavi. quièn es?"
hello, it's gavi. whose this? ]

jocelyn could sense her heart racing two hundred miles per second, isabel and lilia stood star-strucked in the middle of their apartment as lilia's finger shushed isabel from squeaking out of the blue.

"puedo hablar con pedri?"
[ can i speak to pedri? ]

"está bien, iré a buscarlo"
okay, i'll go get him ]

jocelyn's thighs rapidly bounced up and down as she anticipates for pedri to talk to her. her chin rests against the palm of her hands, hearing pablo's muffled voice in the phone call while he calls out for pedri.

"aló?" jocelyn felt a wave of relief crash into her, after thinking pedri couldn't pick up her call.

"oh, es jocelyn"
[ oh, it's jocelyn ]

"sì eh, me and my sister are heading to barcelona, and we were hoping if you could purchase the joan gamper final tickets for us" jocelyn smiled, she knew pedri would always have her back, considering they've only known each other in such a short period of time.

"vienes a vernos? beuno, which section of the stadium do you want?"
you're coming to watch us? well, ]

"the one closest to the pitch, my sister wants to ask for lewandowski's jersey. how much will they cost?" she bit her lip, knowing the prices of the seats would make her pockets suffer. they were nothing far from one thousand, perhaps even double.