I use one of my daggers to detect the curses location, it's close, behind the building beside me. Grabbing onto the hilt of another one of my daggers, I'm lifted up into the air and carried towards the curse.

As soon as I round the building, I see the curse. It's about 20 feet tall and the whole of it's body is covered in sharp spikes, dripping with a green substance. The first thing I notice is the figure attempting to fight the curse.

Based on their amount of cursed energy, they can't be more than a grade 2 sorcerer.

I let go on the dagger that I'm holding onto and plummet downwards towards the curse's head, I summon another dagger and grab onto it right before my body is impaled by the spikes and launch a dagger towards the curse's skull.

My dagger shatters into hundred of pieces the second it touches the green substance over the curse and I frown in annoyance. This is going to be annoying.

I continue to dangle directly above the curse and it glares up at me. I need to figure out exactly what this green substance does. The figure on the ground below has his face covered by a black beanie hat. Is that the guy that Nanami trains? If I recall correctly, his name is Ino Takuma.

Experimentally, I dangle my hand down use my fingertip to touch the green substance dripping over the curses's body. An indescribable pain shoots through my arm and I jolt my arm back, "Shit!"

When I look down at my finger, it's been split open and is bleeding everywhere. That's annoying.

"Are you okay?" Ino calls up to me, his voice sounds positive despite the situation.

"I'm fine," I call back. I summon 30 cursed daggers, imbued with more cursed energy than usual and they shoot through the curses skull. It lets out a loud screech as it falls to the floor. I take the opportunity to shoot one particularly strong dagger into the curse's mouth. Then, I allow the dagger to explode, a huge explosion of cursed energy.

I drop the the floor afterwards, clutching my bleeding finger in my hand.

"Wow!" Ino yells, hurrying over to me whilst pulling the beanie from over his face and clutching it in his hand, "That was really impressive!"

I give him a smile and look away from the grotesque sight of my finger. I realise that Ino has a few wounds from the spikes on the curses body but he doesn't seem bothered at all, "Are you alright? You're bleeding quite a bit."

He waves it off with a friendly smile, "It's fine, part of my cursed technique allows me to nullify pain. You're Nanami's friend right?"

"Yeah," I glance down at my phone to see the time, although Ino seems really nice, I really need to get back to the school. If Geto really is there then Maki and Yuta are in danger.

"Could you tell him that I did well, please? I'm trying to impress him enough to promote me to grade 1," Ino sounds excited at the idea of impressing Nanami.

"You know it would be easier to convince someone else to recommend you right?" I question, "Nanami's hard to impress."

"Oh I know, but Nanami's the one who trained me, I don't want to be recommended by anyone else."

I shurg, "Fair enough, I'll tell him you did well against the special grade. And if you exorcise that semi-grade 1 over there then I'll be able to tell Nanami about that too. I really need to get back to the school though."

"Of course," Ino gives me another grin and pulls his beanie back over his face, "I'll do it!"

I give Ino a smile. I don't sense any other special grade curses around here, I should be able to hurry to the school now, my students could be in danger.