chapter ten

After eating l loaded my plate and went upstairs without a word. I get into my blankets thinking about everything. I sigh and l wanted to cry but my dog whimpered. I got out of bed to check up on him and he looked like he wanted to get onto my bed but could not so l picked him up and placed him onto my bed and he barked. "Shh." I say he pants before laying on my bed. I get back onto my bed making sure l did not interrupt my dog. Then l slept.

I wake up the next morning to feeling something wet and something weird on my face. I open my eyes a bit and see my dog licking my face. "Boy." I pick him up and put him beside me his saliva smelt like cheese which l did not want to smell right now. I immediatly got out of bed and washed off the saliva. It was a weird texture and l hated that. l almost vomitted because of it. After washing my face for about five times l get out of the bathroom and go downstairs to make some cereals and also to give my dog some food l get two bowl and fill one bowl with cereal and milk then the other with dog food. I go upstairs afterward and put down the bowl with dog food onto my bed. My dog barked and started to eat away while l ate some cereal. While eating l was thinking of a name. "Hmm maybe rex. No eww. What should l name you?" I think of something and after a bit of silence and cursing under my breath l came up with a name! "Max! I will call you max." It was the perfect name for a hyper dog like him.

"You will be my bestie." I say while petting him but he was too busy eating his food. So l focused on mine too. Soon enough l was done eating so was max l take the bowl and he barks and wags his tail fast. "I should buy you some toys." I say acting like he understood what l just said. I get out of my bedroom and put the bowls in the sink l turn around to go to my room but l hear my mothers voice. "Let me take you to school today darling." She randomly says. "Okay." I just agreed since me and mason were kind of on weird terms. I go back upstairs and brush my teeth then l go towards my closet and l picked out blue ripped jeans with a white crop top and white sneakers. I pet my dog before getting my bag and going downstairs to my mom. "Im ready."

"Okay." My mom gets off of the couch and we go to the car. I put on my seatbelt since l didnt really trust her driving dads Audi. She starts up the car and drives. "So sweetie how are you and your boyfriend?"

"Uhm we are alright." I hadn't talked to him for a very long time to be honest. "Thats great!" We make it to my school. I get out of the car and take my bag. I say bye to my mom and close the door. I sighed before heading into the school l walk around first looking for my new friends but l could not see them so l decided to go to my locker. Well that was a big mistake because l saw mason and sarah kissing by my locker. I didnt know what to do but l had to get to my locker.

So l walked up to them and cleared my throat. They look at me and move away l felt sad but angry at the same time and l did not know why maybe l was overwhelmed by school l mean assigments would start flowing around next week . I just open my locker and quickly got my books. Once l was done l closed my locker and practically ran away from it. But while running l bumped into someone my boyfriend. "Oh hey babe." He says with a smile l smile a little before running away again.

I felt like my heart was heavy so l went into the bathroom and l started to breath in and out slowly l had to calm myself down l was stressed about everything. My dating life,school, mason and the times we got intimate, my mom not wanting me to date any other race, my dog and much more. But l had to be calm and collected. I breath in and out for a little bit before getting out the bathroom to my class. Class was very boring l found myself day dreaming in the middle of it. But luckily the day went by fast so soon it was break time. I get my bag and head to the yard l sit by a table and take out my lunch which was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich which l quite liked. I eat my sandwhich and while eating it l see my other friends shalom and riley! "Hey guys over here!" I catch their attention and they come towards me and sit next to me. "Hey." They say with a smile l smile back. "Hi guys so are we still going out to shop or.." i wanted to know just incase their plans had changed or something. "Yeah we are still going since you really need it." Shalom says. "Okay." I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I look back to see mason. "Hey." He says with a little wave. "Uhm hi?"

"Is this your friend stella?" Shalom asks l shake my head. "No l dont even know him..." he walks away he looked hurt but l had to think fast and for some reason l didnt have the courage to say he was my friend. I sigh to myself and me and the girls just continue talking to each other until l had to go back to my boring classes.

Soon enough l was done for the day with school l was happy. I could go shopping with my girls! I go to my locker and luckily l didnt see anyone making out there. So l put some of my book back into my lockers because this bag was killing me slowly but surely. Afterwards l closed my locker and locked it before looking for my two friends. While looking l see mason l quickly run up to him and tap his shoulder smilling he acknowledged me yet he didnt he shrugged me off but l pulled onto his shirt and he rolled his eyes. "What."
He says sounding angry.

"Im sorry l said that at the table when it was break...l was just very nervous and l didnt know how to handle the situation and it resulted in that response."

"Its okay l forgive you and sorry for making out with my girlfriend infront of your locker."

"Its fine." I say with a smile he smile back. "Anyways my mom asked if you can come for dinner today." I was suprised but l eventaully agreed. "Sure! I can come." He looked happy. "Great see you there."

"See ya." He leaves l sigh l had to find the girls. I walk around almost everywhere until l eventaully found them. They were by a vending machine with a bunch of people. I head up to them. "Hey are you guys ready to go?" I ask.

"Oh yeah lets go." Shalom says tagging riley. "Alright!" We get out of the crowd and head to shaloms car. I text my mom telling her that l would be hanging out with my friends. "Are you ready girls!" Shaloms shouts as she puts on her shades. "Yassss!!!" Me and riley say.

Shalom starts up the car and drives l was so excited l finally got some friends. Shalom puts on the radio and l was having fun singing along to the catchy songs while fresh air hit my face.

We get to a shopping mall after 10 minutes and let me tell you it was huge. The outside looked stunning with the gray walls, nicely placed windows and all the trees and plants surrounding the building made it ten times better. We all get out of the car and get into the mall it looked great in the inside l saw all these diffrent signs with diffrent colours and fonts it was very intresting.

We first go to forever 21 which had cute outfits. "Alright go crazy." Shalom says. We all looked around the shop and l found a nice top that was brown mixed with white black and a light shade of pink. It looked intresting and fashionable so l picked that l also picked some pink, black, white and brown heels.

I go to the jean section and l found a nice pair of jeans with cute little butterflies so l picked that one out and l also saw these black ripped jeans.

I looked at some of the skirts and l picked out a brown tight skirt then a white and pink short pleated skirt. I had a lot of things at this point and l had to try on some of my clothes before looking for more. So l got to the changing room and changed into the outfits and came out to give the girls a bit of a fashion show. They liked majority of my outfits and when we were done l had a a bunch of things that needed to go into a cart. We go back to the car and put the stuff in the boot. l didnt have to pay a cent for the clothes so l was happy to have friends like them. We all get into the car. "Where do you live stella?"

I looked for my house address and soon l found it on google maps. I give Shalom my phone. "Okay thanks." She starts to drive to my house and l wanted to have a bit of a girls talk on the way there. "So you guys have any crushes?" I ask trying to start a convesation. "Yeah. Well actaully his my boyfriend so does that count?" Shalom asks. "Mhm anyways whats his name?"

"James."

"Knew it." Riley says. We laugh. "What about you riley?"

"Oh uhm l dont have one right now."

"Lies." Shalom chips in. "Fine maybe l do but lm not telling." I roll my eyes she was boring anyways.

We make it to my house soon enough. I was sad that l had to go but l had to because l had some homework to do. "Bye guys." I say in a sad tone. "Bye see you tommorow." Shalom says.

"Bye." Riley says. I get out of the car and open the boot to take my bags luckily l could manage. I walk to the door fast then open the front door and rush in almost collapsing l quickly run upstairs and put my bags down. I could not feel my arms for a bit but it got better l made sure to close and lock the door before going upstairs. I first unpacked my clothes and put them onto some left over hangers. Then l got my bag and got out some papers. I was lucky that today l didnt get a lot of homework.