Certain Difficulties PART 2 (so long it had to be made into two!)

Start from the beginning

Martha sat on her bed, crying so hard she could barely breathe. She was on her knees, and shaking. She could barely hear Dustin over the sound of her loud thoughts and her own sobbing. Her arms wrapped around her stomach, and her tears fell down her face. She heard the latch on the lock twist as Dustin tried to come in, but she had locked the door.
Her crying only grew louder as the negative thoughts swirled around her mind faster and faster, poking her and stabbing her with their sharp points, as they drew in closer.
You're a nobody. Nobody loves you. Dustin's faking it, you can never be with him. He doesn't love you. Nobody ever will because you're pathetic. You are worthless, and nobody can even stand the sight of you. You're better off dead than being here.
"Stop!" she shouted through her crying. "Stop!" she held her head as though it hurt. Her thoughts were so loud, they were giving her a headache that worsened every time the thoughts closed in on her, stabbing her again with their sharpness.

"Martha!" Dustin shouted. He twisted the knob, frantically trying to get to her. "Stop! Stop!" she cried, her sobs getting louder and louder. Dustin ran to Martha's jacket, which she had dropped on the floor as she had run to her room. He got the key, and ran back to her door.
Dustin unlocked the door, and saw her kneeling on her bed, arms wrapped around her head, and she was rocking back and forth. "Stop!" she shouted hoarsely. The look on her face was enough to tear Dustin's heart from him, and he went to her, taking her in his arms.
"No, Dustin! Go! Please... I'm not worth it." she sobbed, and tumbled off the side of the bed, scrambling to the doorway. "Where are you going?" Dustin asked, panic creeping into his voice. "I'm not worth it. Leave. I know you will. It's what everyone else has done."she cried. He stood up, and took a few steps towards her. "Yes you are, Martha. Tell me what you need." he said over her crying. "I want to die. I want to jump off the building and just die." she cried, and bolted to her door. She tried to open it, but Dustin had locked it. Dustin pulled her away from the door, picking her up by the waist. "It's better that way. Let. Me. Go. I want to die." she shouted, struggling against his grip. She kicked and tried to twist around and make him let go.
Dustin took several deep breaths. "No, Martha. You can't do that darling, I won't let you." he said, holding her even tighter. "Come with me. I know a better way. It's okay." he said. "You can't kill yourself. That's not- that's not the answer." She gave up fighting, and sniffled, worn out from trying to get away. He put her down, and took her hand, leading her like a small child. She tripped over the edge of the carpet, and would have fallen if he hadn't caught her. He picked her up and carried her.
He took her to the bathroom, and set her down on the floor, where she just stared straight ahead, a blank look on her face. Dustin searched the mirror cupboard, and quickly found what he was looking for. He opened the bottle of antidepressants, and handed two to Martha. "Take these. Please. I can't stand seeing you like this." he whispered, and knelt next to her.
She reluctantly took them, and choked them down. It took ten minutes for her to finally calm down, even though she still hiccuped. Dustin held her in his lap, so she was curled up and he was holding her to his chest as if she were a precious thing, because she was to him. And he was afraid to lose her. A few tears ran down his cheeks, and a couple must have landed on Martha, because she looked up at him sadly curious. "Why are you crying?" she asked softly.
"Because you were going to jump off the building. And I couldn't let you do that... I love you too much, Martha. When you were crying, and locked me out... I thought you were getting hurt." he whispered, tears still falling. "I thought... I thought you were actually going to kill yourself." he said, and his voice cracked. "Oh." Martha whispered.

"Let me go." she said softly. Dustin shook his head. "No." he answered. "Why not?" she asked a little sternly. "Because I'm afraid you'll hurt yourself." he said. Martha nodded. "Okay." she answered.
"Can I go to bed?" she asked a little while later. Dustin nodded, and carried her there. He sat there, holding her, and she rested her head on him. "May I lay down?" she asked quietly. Without a response, Dustin lay her down, but kept her wrapped up against his chest. She fell asleep.