/-Chapter 1-\

The river that ran across the moonlight forest reflected the brightness of the moon

The river that ran across the moonlight forest reflected the brightness of the moon. A small eevee stood beside it. Her ears twitched as she heard a ramble from a small bush, she turned her head to look at it, and a  pikachu came out of the bush. "Have you still got some berries Miry? I couldn't find a single one."

Miry took out two berries from under her cloak and gave one to the pikachu. "Your welcome, Zuroo." She said, smirking and munching on her berry. "I still don't know how you do that." Zuroo replied, before also starting to eat his berry.

The eevee's gaze shifted towards the moon, noticing how shiny it was. "Is it today that Moonra chooses her apprentice?" She asked, Zuroo looked perplexed for a few moments, before his face went back to normal. "Yes it is!" He said proudly, "still salty that the sun was taken down?" He looked at Miry with a small smirk.

"Not really, i got over it already." Her ear twitched as a small breeze blew through them, making her cold. "Though i do miss the warmth and the light of the sun."

"Well, switching topics, i hope that whoever Moonra chooses as her new apprentice is more careful than the last one. Apparently they died because they accidentally caused an big explosion during a battle!" Zuroo's voice had small a disaproving tone to it. In response, Miry simply smiled and rolled her eyes, before going back to eating her berry.

They stayed chatting and eating their food for a bit. Wouldn't it be funny if Zuroo ended up being Moonra's apprentice? The eevee thought, as her mind drifted onto an early memory of their friendship.

\*/'+|+'\*/

"How about a showdown, 'Kiria'? A battle to see which is superior, the courage of the sun or the cleverness of the moon!" Shouted a small pichu charging a nuzzle. "I accept your challenge, 'Sessami'!" Yelled back an slightly bigger eevee, who quickly went into a battle position. "Then let the battle begin!" The pichu replied, before nuzzling the eevee, sending small shocks of electricity through her body. It didn't have much effect on her though, and she retaliated by swinging her body around, throwing the small eletric type back on the ground.

She then pounced on top of the pichu, pining him on the ground. "This isn't fair Miry! You're much bigger than me!" He said, trying to escape. "Come on Zuroo! You need to be strong for Moonra to choose you as an apprentice if she even considers you!"

Zuroo sighed and then smiled. "So let's go back to practice!" Miry let him go and went back to her spot. "Ready?"

\*/'+|+'\*/

"Miry? Did you accidentally enter the moon world?" Zuroo tapped Miry on the shoulder, making her jump. "Oh, hey! Just remembered somethi..." The small creature noticed a weirdly bright light coming from a bush.

She walked towards the weird bush and picked up whatever was producing the light. It was a yellowish sphere that resembled the sun. "What is this... thing?" Zuroo asked from beside her. "I have no idea."

"It is the sun." Someone said. "Huh?!" Miry took her gaze of the object and saw an sylveon on the other side of the river. "Who are you?!" Zuroo said, jumping to a defensive position.

"You don't need to worry, i'm here because of what your friend is holding." The sylveon jumped on a rock, the river running agressively against it. How does he know is the sun, and why does he want it? "My name is Lyall, i'm here to take you to the Sunlit Peaks, wake up Sunsee and bring back the sun." Miry's eyes shined with enthusiasm, she would be the one to save Sunsee! "I'll go with you then!" Miry said, jumping onto the rock where Lyall stood.

"Wait!" Said Zuroo. "Can i go with you?" Miry opened her mouth to answer, but Lyall quickly said: "no." The small eevee looked at him with a frown, why can't i bring my best friend? "Well." She said. "I guess I'll see you again in the future, someday."
She jumped back onto where the pikachu was.

"Don't worry, i got something that will let us talk even far away." He took out an yellow orb and gave it to her. "It's an light ball. Just say anything directly into it and i will hear it!" He then looked at Lyall, who had narrowed his eyes on him. "It only works if you speak directly into it." Lyall calmed down when he heard that

"Oh, thank you!" Miry said. "Now i probably have to go. Farewell!" She lept to the same rock as Zuroo waved at her. "Let's go." Lyall said to her over his shoulder as he lept from rock to rock, the eevee following him closely.

When they got to the other side, Lyall mumbled: "Stupid Moonra followers, always trying to sneak themselves into things that are none of their business." Miry glared at him. "He is my best friend, he's just worried." The sylveon just rolled his eyes and continued walking, he is one of those pokemon, isn't he?