/-prologue-\

A sylveon entered a cave full of orange, shining crystals

A sylveon entered a cave full of orange, shining crystals. He looked around, searching to see if anybody else was there. When he was sure nobody else, especially not any Moonra followers, were there, he padded deeper into the cave. He only stopped when he was in front of a crystal that was about double his size.

I have to try this one more time. He thought, before sitting down and closing his eyes. "Please, Sunsee." He mumbled. "Answer me." A few seconds passed, and he was about to open his eyes when a small figure of an eevee appeared in front of a small river. He recognized the place as the moonlight forest? He thought. Isn't that the place right before the moonlight cave? He was doubtful of the little one's connection to the sun at first, before he saw the shadow of a solgaleo form behind her. Sunsee.

The sylveon opened his eyes quickly and ran out of the cave. When he got outside, he slowed down and looked at the sky.

The moon was still high up in the sky. What was he expecting? It had always been midnight ever since Moonra put Sunsee under an eternal slumber for an unknown reason.

He looked down and started running again, towards the direction of the moonlight forest. He had to find that eevee if he wanted the sun to appear in the sky again.

\*/'+Timeskip+'\*/

"Is it really today?" A murkrow said from its nest. " Are you stupid? Of course it is, Farris! Have you seen the moon? It's an eclipse! Every Moonra follower knows that every red moon, if her apprentice is dead, she chooses a new one!" An espurr answered angrily, while picking up berries from a bush.

How could he forget?! She thought, throwing one of the berries to Farris, the apprentice of a legendary or mythical is possibly one of the most important roles anymon could- "What does the apprentice do again?" Farris asked, nibbling on his berry.

The espurr let out an annoyed sigh. "The apprentice trains their whole life to learn to control a legendary or mythical's kind of magic, and they are responsible of assuming their mentor's duty if they are unavailable." She explained once again to her friend.

The murkrow stopped eating for a few seconds before looking at the other pokemon, who was now eating too. "I just realized something, Uvi." He started. "Why didn't Sunsee's apprentice take over his duty then?"

Uvi looked at him blankly before shaking her head slowly. "His apprentice was killed before Moonra put him to sleep. Probably by a bounty-hunter or something. By Arceus' sake your memory is horrible" she replied.

Farris looked at her before looking back down at his berry. "How could someone do something that terrible?" He said, in shock. Uvi simply shrugged. "Don't know. But it's really a weird coincidence that Sunsee's apprentice was murdered a month before he was put to his eternal slumber."

//hello there! This is my first fic on this site. Also this is set in a different universe from the canon pokemon one. Also sorry if there is any sign of bad grammar, english is not my first language.

Also this prologue may seem like it's foreshadowing two MCs, but since i did the damn cover before even having the idea of another protagonist, their point of view will be in a separate book. Also i think it will be better that way too.//