12 • the sun also rises

Start from the beginning

Elena nods. "Klaus. It was Klaus."

"He made me drink his blood," Jenna continues, "And I don't... I don't remember anything after that. Where are we? What happened?"

The strawberry blonde woman looks around anxiously. Elena notices this, conjoining their hands.

"We're at the quarry. He brought us here." Her niece explains. Jenna is still frantic, wondering why she doesn't remember anything. "Jenna, do you remember... when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?"

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's," She pauses, realizing what's happening to her, "Oh, god. He killed me."

Elena shakes her head, "Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay. I'm going to get you out of here."

"I'm a vampire." Jenna sighs.

"And I bet you're hungry." Klaus's witch approaches them; Jenna and Elena look up at her from the ground.

The doppelgänger spots a sharp rock on the ground nearby and rushes to grab it, but, with a wave of her hand, the witch sends her flying back. Elena lands painfully in the dirt. The witch waves her hand again, creating a circle of fire around Elena. She stands up and rushes towards the flames, but finds she can't escape.

"Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do." The witch walks through the flame circle with ease, grabbing Elena's wrist.

"Please, just let her go." She pleads. The witch forces the sharp rock into her hand, slicing Elena's wrist. The blood pours into a bottle. The witch walks back out of the circle, unharmed.

Klaus's witch shoves the warm liquid down Jenna's throat against her will. A scream brims up into Elena's throat, a hand covering her mouth.

Once finishing the bottle, the witch flicks another circle of flames around Jenna. Jenna retreats from the flames, seemingly terrified of them.

"Look at me. Hey, look at me." Elena sweetly tells her aunt. Jenna turns towards her, blood still dripping from her chin. "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay.

Jenna whispers 'no' as dark veins of hunger creep underneath her eyes.

Elena paces back and forth in her circle of fire. Jenna is kneeling in hers.

"How are you feeling?" Elena asks.

Jenna shakes her head, "I feel like myself... only not. Everything is brighter. The fire is hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything."

Elena nods, "Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts."

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Jenna's eyes glisten with tears.

"No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do." Elena says, not entirely convinced she believes herself.

In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and groaning are heard by Elena and Jenna. Jenna's head snaps towards the sound.

The witch pushes Jules to the ground. The werewolf clutches her stomach, groaning in pain.

"What's happening to me?" Jules wines.