Your Faith Can Break The Chains

Very often we find ourselves embroiled within unpleasant events or situations in our lives but have no idea how we got there. Maybe we made some bad choices, mixed with the wrong sort of people or just did something plain silly. But how can this happen to seemingly intelligent people?
What we inherit
There may be a very simple explanation and something that we have never thought of before. Yes, we are aware that we can inherit our hair colour from our grandparents, our brown eyes from our father or something else very similar from various other relatives. However, not many of us acknowledge the fact that just as we can acquire physical properties we can end up with personality and temperament traits from our family. This is not a problem if it is something beneficial like an optimistic personality, sunny disposition or quirky sense of humour. But what about when it is something not so pleasant?
Ending up with the bad stuff
Do you have a quick temper, ability to tell lies without even thinking about it or a tendency to fall into the depths of depression? Just as we may have received such characteristics from our ancestors, we can pass them onto our children too. This same tendency can lead us towards a life filled with addiction, infidelity or some such similar unpleasant experience. So how do we change ourselves and the lives of those around us?
Acceptance and belief
The first step is to acknowledge that you have a problem. You can then start to identify where these bad personality traits have manifested from and then look to ways of shifting them out of your life. Once you have achieved acceptance, then you need to have constant faith that you can become the person you want to be and not the one that you are now. As long as we are alive, we have choices and we need to start getting used to making the right ones. By believing in ourselves, knowing that we have the strength to go forward and absorbing additional courage and determination from our faith, we can begin the journey towards a new and much improved version of ourselves.
As well as turning our own life around, we will be making powerful changes in the world that surrounds our family.