A Young Person's Dilemma

Growing up can be tough, and particularly so for young people finding themselves surrounded by a big and sometimes bad world. Life can be great and extremely wonderful, but young people growing up often find themselves caught up in a place of unhappiness, sadness and even fear. Whether you are a young girl or boy finding yourself in a dark place or the parent of such a child, what can be done to avoid this happening?
Set the scene from day one
We all inherit good and bad traits from our families. Here we are not just talking about physical ones but also those that affect our temperament and personality and even our actions. Think back; do you have someone in the family that used to fight, lose their temper and always get into trouble? Do you find yourself acting in the same way, or know someone else in the family that does? Then some of this may be due to the genes passed down to us from our ancestors and if we are not aware of this or doing something about breaking the chain of events, our daughters and sons can be affected negatively from the day they are born. We therefore need to take action now to establish a new pattern and take them away from any destructive tendencies that generate unpleasant events that they may see being played out in front of them every day.
Change yourself
By changing yourself first and foremost, you can help your children. Don't accept that you have to be this way. Just because a family member destroyed the happiness of their loved ones due to a lifestyle of constant physical abuse and debasement, it does not mean that you have to tolerate these qualities within yourself. Take responsibility and change yourself for the sake of the young people in your life. Start to make inroads now into breaking the chains of fear and abuse. Get involved in mentoring and guidance and as you learn the lessons, pass them onto the children around you. Be the sort of role model that they need to learn from.
Protect their future
Once you make a commitment to changing yourself and the world as it revolves around you, not only will you benefit but your family and the young people around you will also start to transform. Simply my enriching your life, empowering yourself and making a stand against your past, miracles can happen.
Don't let the past repeat itself. By being aware of your destructive or negative tendencies you can start to solve the dilemma of the young people around you too.