Chapter 3

Chapter 3:  The Worst Teacher

“Uhm.. hello?” The teacher suddenly says.

“Huh??” I say. Then I realised… I fell asleep in class!! Oh, what an embarrassment!! I can feel all the kids staring at me!

“This desk is not for sleeping, young lady!” She said furiously*. I didn’t know how to react; I stayed quiet, looking at my desk. 

“Pay attention next time.” She said, Oh, how I wish I would just disappear at that moment. I felt all the people looking at me while I  tried to hide my humiliated* face. I swiftly asked the teacher to go to the toilet, luckily, she allowed me to go, but with an attitude. I dashed through the school hallways and turned to the toilet door. I opened it and quickly closed it behind me. There were no people in the toilet stalls, nor the cramped room. I locked myself in one of the stalls; I felt like I was about to burst into tears. A considerable amount* of thoughts went through my head like a rocket.

“You’re not good enough! Just stop trying.” 

“Nobody cares. Everyone hates you! How can you be so stupid?”

“That's so awkward!“

“You can’t even sit up straight.”

“What’s wrong with you?”

“What is wrong with me!” I let out while my eyes began watering*. It's a strange feeling, but I know it so well. ‘Cuz I know the truth, that not everyone hates me, tho these feelings won’t disappear. Then suddenly, someone opened the door.

“Hello? Rose?” I recognized the voice. It was the voice of one of the boys I met earlier. I unlock the stall and walk out. It was Nicolas.

“Oh, hey Rose! There you are.”

“Hello, Nicolas.”

“Oh, you can call me Nick for short.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Well, you were in the toilets for so long that the teacher probably thought that you were on your phone or you were smoking or something..”
“So she sent you to come and check?”

“Sort of, yeah.”

“Nice.”

“So, how are you doing?”

“Not well.”

“I can see that,'' We sit down in the cramped* room next to the stalls.

”Hey, I don’t know if you realised this but we’re in the same class and…..” 

Nick's voice was getting more and more silent. Everything around me started changing shapes and colours. The ground got screwed up. My head started spinning and when I tried to stand up, I immediately fell back down. I heard Nick screaming, but I didn’t understand at first. Then, just out of the blue, everything went dark. I woke up a while later. I was in the school nurse's office. The nurse wasn’t in the room. There were two shelves filled with different kinds of medicine, open bandages and pill bottles. The area around me was getting chillier because the window was open. Rarely have I seen the windows open in this school; it was a health hazard, since the insects, birds, and other organisms. Not only could the birds have incurable diseases, but they could be kind of aggressive. My head hurt madly*.     

   The nurse came back. 

“Oh dear, are you okay?” She asked, worried sick.

“Yeah, I'm fine..” I wasn’t fine. I had lied because that is what I always do so I don't seem like a weakling. I could hardly even move my fingers. The nurse went to the half-broken shelves and took out some bottles full of little capsules. She briskly* turned on beeping machines and started doing tests on me. 

“What’s this..?” I was confused. She didn’t answer my question. Was I too quiet? Or did she not hear me? She took out an injection. It was empty. She filled it up with some liquid I didn't know.

“This will make her feel better..” She murmured* under her nose. Then, she swiftly came over to me and inoculated* the liquid into my left arm. Am I getting vaccinated or…? Nevermind, I'm asking stupid questions in my head nobody will answer anyway. 

   It was late when I got out of the nurses office. Everyone was already home. I fastly went to my classroom and packed my items into my backpack. I was nervous. I can’t tell my parents about this, nor do I have planned to tell them. What will they think of me, that i'm not strong enough and I just faint anywhere?! I don’t even know why I fainted! 

  I got out the front of the school, strolling* down the sidewalk, making my way home.

-End of chapter 3.

Words from the chapter you might not know:

*Furiously; furious -Angrily

*Humiliated; to humiliate -Embarrassed

*A considerable amount -A large amount, A large number of something

*Eyes began watering -Started crying

*Cramped -Small amount of space, for example; “It's difficult to work in a cramped office.”

*Madly; mad -(in this case) Crazily, Insanely

*Briskly; brisk -Quickly, swiftly, fastly

*Murmured; to murmur -Speak quietly

*Inoculated; inoculate -Injected, Vaccinate

*Strolling; to stroll -To walk slowly