11

Zee gazes at New, who is slowly munching onto his sandwich after a million attempts to convince him.

They were sitting in one of the cafes nearby as Zee wanted to make him eat something seeing how weak he looked.

New was pale, his cheeks sunken, and his eyes were noticeably swollen

He has been thinking about himself all this while, but he didn’t realize that there is one more person who is as devastated as him.

In fact, more than him. He looks down at his cup of double shot espresso as he feels his phone buzzing in his pocket.

He pulls out and finds James's name flashing on it and he was sure what he was going to hear.

“P'Zee!! New is missing. He is nowhere to be found. I checked the whole house but he is not there.

He left leaving behind a letter-writing that he doesn’t want to be a burden to us

That idiot!! What was he thinking writing that? How can I even think of him as a burden?

What friend am I if I don’t be with him when he needs me the most!??

I am so worried P'Zee, what should we do??”

“James, Calm down. He is with me. He is sitting right in front of me, eating. I found him near Dew's . He was sleeping there.”

“Thank god

“Thank god. Please look after him Zee, don’t leave him alone. I am scared he will do something crazy.”

“Don’t worry. I will. I’ll call you after a while. Ok? Bye.”

He puts down his phone as he gets up off his chair and walks to the counter.

New gets engrossed in his piece of chicken sandwich when he feels someone’s presence near his knee.

He looks down startled to find Zee kneeling beside him, looking at him holding a first aid kit.

“P'Zee krub, what..what are you doing??”

“You hurt yourself, let me treat you

“You hurt yourself, let me treat you.”

“No, it's fine..”

"New"

Zee make bit assertive way which made New press his lips together.

He slightly pulls his skirt to his knee as he lets Zee treat his wounds.

“How did you get them??”

“I..fell.”

“But how did you get??”

“I don’t have anywhere to go so...I...I walked around and finally ended up here,”

he speaks out in a mere whisper and Zee was sure that New was trying his best to stop his voice from trembling.

“James called. He was so worried about you,”

he speaks out once he was done treating his wounds as he sits opposite him.

“I...I did leave him a letter.”

His voice was groggy and Zee knew it must be so long since he actually spoke.

“Even so, why did you leave Nuu??”

“I...I just didn’t want to be a burden to them. I know, he says that it’s nothing but I can’t stay there with the guilt.

They should be happy, not gloomy because of me. I...I can’t be with them. I just can’t.”

Zee understands how he is feeling and he admires the way he thinks about the people around them.

“Then…..will you stay with me??”

“Pardon?”

“I know I am an alpha and you must feel wary to stay with me when we barely know each other but these days I have been busy and I have been spending all my time in the office so you wouldn’t even know of my existence in that house.

So stay at my house New. It is huge enough for one more person to stay and you will definitely not be a burden to me.”

“No no P'Zee, I am sorry but I will be a burden to you. I am..”

“I promised Dew. I promised him that I will look after you New. Please let me keep my promise.”

And that was enough for New to nod his head timidly with his glassy eyes.