7

Max and Nat drive New back to his house since James had to stop by and pick up their kids.

Max first insists he come to their house but he refuses.

He wanted to spend some alone time.

He unlocks the door as he steps into the dark house.

The house feels empty, without him, just like how he feels empty, without him.

It still smells like him, the mixture of his rosewood with his jasmines.

He looks around the house and finds him everywhere.

Sometimes like eating together in the dining,

sometimes like cuddling together on the couch watching a move in the living room,

sometimes cooking while he hugs him, running up the stairs, mischievously playing around the house, doing the laundry together, every image made him feel too suffocated that he stumbles down, holding his head, screaming loud as he finally breaks down.

His tears were frozen for the past 2 days, but now, he can cry in peace.

He walks into their bedroom and even more images of them together move in front of him.

He cries, cries and cries, curling up into a ball, his palms tracing the vanishing matting mark on his chest.

Now that the one who claimed him is gone, there is no point in it still marking his body.

That only made him cry harder, until he falls into a deep slumber, hugging their wedding photo.

The next day he wakes up to loud noises from downstairs.

He slowly opens his eyes, rubbing them as he gets down the stairs to find so many people moving out their stuff.