4|Devil As A Teacher

Start from the beginning

I was able to get a good amount of revision and studying done, I was never one for procrastination. And being the new kid, wasn't a good excuse to be lazy and nonchalant. I went down for dinner with my Mom who was in her busy mode, she had a very important case tomorrow hence, we had a few moments for our girl time. Most of the time when it was just both of us, with Dad away, we made good use of our time together. Today was short-lived, I didn't fret though, she needed to do what she was called to the bar for. I'm forever proud of all her achievements, starting from the bottom to the higher ladder took lots of yardwork and resilience. Hopefully, she wins her case - I have no doubts she would. Afterall, she's Attorney Myanna McAdams.

I should retire to bed early if I wanted to avoid being late, the early bird catches the worm they say. Plus, I needed to get to school early to find a good parking spot. Not what I wanted, but I had no choice.

••

Do you ever wake up unedgy and wished to go back to sleep? Like nothing motivates you about facing the day, or any of those motivational words of affirmation ringing in your head? Maybe it was Deja vu, who knows, either way, that's how I felt about today. This has nothing to do with going to face the one person you hated seeing. It's just those days, I feel like crawling under my duvet and sleeping away all the noise of the world. Yet, I could not, no matter how tempting it sounded. Being the new student; it would NOT be a good impression on me and my academic transcripts.

A standard, I could never taint no matter the circumstances. Also, it was JUNIOR year, not sophomore - this year's the hardest and toughest year in every high schooler's life. Prepping for SAT's, College decisions, guidance and counselling among others. So, no, I had no excuse to stay in - who knows what you might miss.

So being a McAdams, I got up with my head held high, looking hopeful for an eventful day of school.

Luckily enough, I got to there on time, and had a good spot to park. Once I turned off my engine, and was out of my vehicle; Jade had just arrived with some guy whom I hadn't met until now.

''Hailey!'' she waved walking towards my direction, the guy behind her slowly approaching me.

''Nice to see you, Jade'' I shot her my warmest smiles.

''Me too. Oh, this is my elder brother; Stanley. Stanley; this is Hailey. The new girl I told you about?'' He was a sight to behold. How many more of handsome males are in this school? Her brother must have a handful of girls lined up ready to throw themselves at him. I must confess, loved the short spiky hair he'd going on, he looked nothing below 5'8. They both made me feel way shorter standing beside them.

''She's prettier in person. It's a pleasure to finally meeting you, damsel'' he was a charmer, and also had a nice smile.

''Same here'' Stanley was about saying something when a grey Audi R8 V10 Spyder stopped good meter's away from us.

I heard a gasp escape Jade's mouth, a pissed off chortle from Stanley, and I knew exactly why. Coming out of the Audi was the devil himself; Mr Torres in all his glory. I would love to meet whoever picked his attires; and ironed it to perfection. They absolutely do an excellent job, and does he always look this clean and neat? Is a high school teacher this privileged with owning this hybrid super expensive automobile? Not to sound bratty or anything, I'm just being realistic.

"Are you here for baseless chats, or you've got better things to head to?'' spoke too soon. For goodness sake, we'd a good amount of time left to beat the bell.

''Actually, we are fifteen minutes early" someone had to say something.

''I didn't ask you, Ms. McAdams'' Asshole, I didn't realize I rolled my eyes until he raised his eyes at me.