♔ jaw-dropping ♔

I twirled my keys as I walked into Avery's bedroom, fully intending to have to drag her out of bed. She'd been sick for a couple of days, avoiding me like the plague.

But I'd figured, seeing as we were home from college for two more days, that I could take her for a drive. It was supposed to be a casual date, but I supposed I hadn't given her a dress code.

My heart stuttered a beat when I took a peek into the open door of her bathroom and caught her eye.

At first glance, Avery's tight black dress was sleek and elegant. But that was before she applied her perfume, twisted, and walked out with a wide slit running up her thigh.

This woman was such a tease.

She hardly even acknowledged me as she passed, her sights set on a pair of black stilettos. Before she could bend, I murmured, "Let me, heiress."

Avery allowed me to slip the heels on.

When I stood, I discovered that she was hardly two inches shorter than me.

Meeting her smoky eyes, I murmured, "What's the occasion?"

"You."

"I like that."

"I thought you would."

Smirking, I leaned in to kiss her. But she paused me before our lips could touch.

"I challenge myself sometimes," she told me, "to see what I can wear that will make your jaw drop."

"This is certainly a jaw-dropping dress," I murmured. "And you are a jaw-dropping woman."

"Then why," Avery asked, "isn't your jaw on the floor?"

"Because it would be difficult to kiss you."

Smirking, she kissed me hard. "Point taken."