♔ hot tub ♔

"Mind if I join you?"

My eyes flew open at the sound of Jameson's voice. A hand nearly as warm as the water I was sitting in crested my ear, causing me to realize his proximity.

Somehow, while I'd been closing my eyes, Jameson had managed to perch on the edge of the hot tub right beside me. Unable to find my words, I elicited a small head shake.

Flashing a lopsided grin, Jameson slipped into the water beside me. I was surprised not only because of the early hour, but because I'd never had any visitors while using the hot tub before. But perhaps that was because I'd only discovered its existence a couple weeks ago.

"So," Jameson murmured, "I see that you've finally found the Hawthorne hot tub."

"Was I not supposed to?"

"Well." Jameson stretched his arms out on either side, leaving one loosely around my shoulders. "Technically speaking, it's exclusively for Hawthorne's." Subtly, his arm moved down to my waist and tugged me close. "But I'll make an exception for you."

"How considerate," I deadpanned with a roll of my eyes.

Jameson laughed. "Don't worry, heiress." He leaned into my body, pressing a few, open-mouthed kisses against my neck. "Access to the hot tub also grants you exclusive rights to my body."

Unable to help a smile, I sink an inch lower into the water. "Mind telling me how many girls you've given access?"

"Only you." His words were not spoken but rather pressed into my lips as he kissed me. "Which means you'd better make a move before I offer my membership to someone else."

This scenario gave a whole other emphasis to the hot in hot tub.

Placing my hands on either side of his broad shoulders, I said, "You wouldn't."

"Oh, I would."

I threaded my fingers through his hair, angrily, and noticed that his longish black locks hadn't so much as gotten damp. Hiding a grin, I gave him two kisses. After the second, catching him off-guard, I shoved him down beneath the water.

When he surfaced, Jameson simply grabbed my waist and pulled me into his lap, which gave him an unencumbered view of my black bikini top. "Stop fighting it," he murmured.

"Fighting what?"

"Your attraction to me."

"I'm not," I said, hooking my legs around his hips.

Jameson rested two hot hands on my back, his gaze daring. "Oh, yeah? Prove it."