21. SECONDS

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: SECONDS

---

The door behind Five opened causing them all to look at the door to see Reginald enter the room quickly with a notebook in his hand.

Reginald glanced at Mitch and Andy as he walked past Five to the other side of the table.

He then sat down and the others all took a seat at the table while Lara and the twins took a seat by another table.

Reginald glance at Mitch and Andy once again like he could feel something in them.

"Not only have you burglarized my lab" Reginald said as he fixed the end of his blazer and shirt sleeves "Set my chimp loose, conned your way into Mexican consulate, repeatedly stalked and attacked me, but you have, on numerous occasions, called me..." he said but got cut off when Klaus moved his chair that was between Reginald and Diego, drawing everyone's attention.

Klaus sat down as he grunted softly before he looked at Reginald "Hey, Pop. How's it hanging?" he asked as he was holding a drink in his hand.

"....'Dad'" Reginald finished glancing at Klaus while Five glanced between Klaus and Reginald "My reconnaissance tells me you're not CIA, not KGB, certainly not MI5, so...who are you?" Reginald asked.

Everyone wanted to say something but didn't knew how to say it.

"We're your children" Five started causing Reginald to look at him "Expect us" Lara, Mitch and Andy said.

"We're from the future. In 1989, you adopted us all and trained us to fight against the end of the world" Five said and Reginald glanced at each of the siblings "Called us the Umbrella Academy" Five said.

"Why on earth would I adopt six--" "Seven" Allison said, cutting Reginald off "One of us isn't here" she said "Dead. One of us is dead" Diego said.

"Yeah, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba" Klaus said as he was moving his fingers together while he put his hand up before he turned around in his chair "Enough of that now" Klaus said to the air behind him causing Reginald to look confused at him and Klaus looked at him before he waved for them to continue.

"Regardless, what would possess me to adopt seven ill-mannered malcontent?" Reginald asked "We all have special abilities" Five said as he leaned forward a bit.

"Special? In what sense?" Reginald asked "In the superpower sense" Luther said "Called me old-fashioned, but I'm stickler for a pesky little things called evidence" Reginald said before he looked at the others "Show me" he said.

Allison picked up her glass in front of her before she twisting the straw "Everybody wants to see powers all of a sudden" she said with a scoff.

"We're not circus animals, okay? We're not gonna bounce balls on our noses and clap our hands like seals for your amusement" Luther said.