XVI. He's jealous, Baby Bear!

Start from the beginning

IN THE KITCHEN

JK's POV: It's been an hour they went upstairs. Don't tell me they are making out?? Kim Taehyung!! I will kill you if you......... 

Jen: Jungkookah! I heard you're our Junior? 

Said Jennie walking downstairs holding Tae's hand.

Tae: Wah, Kook! You cooked a lot of dishes. Are you sure we can finish it all tonight?
Jen: I'm following a strict diet plan, Baby bear! I can't have a single bite.
Tae: Don't you think you go too harsh on yourself sometimes?
Jen: Not as much as our senior Jimin at least.
JK: You know my brother Jimin?
Jen: Who doesn't know him? Wait, he's your brother? I thought he is a single child.
Tae: No, Dumpling! He has a bunny brother too. (smiled)

The food was already on the table, so they washed their hands and sat for the dinner. Tae and Jennie took the same side and Jungkook had to sit on the opposite side.

Jen: But bear! I'm gonna have the salads only. OK?
Tae: No, Dumpling! You're gonna have this noodles, Kook's special dish. Trust me it's duper delicious.
Jen: Makguksu? Wow! It smells great. But it's gonna blow up my daily calories.
Tae: Just for today, please please please!
Jen: Um..... OK.... but not a full bowl.
Tae: No problem. 

And Jennie ended up having two bowls of it. Tae winked at Jennie mischievously and smirked.

Tae: Kook! You remember someone said she won't even have one bowl?
JK: (faked smile) Yes, I remember.
Jen: How can I resist myself when the food is that much delicious, baby!
Tae: Your diet plan totally failed (started giggling) 

Jennie put down the bowl as she realized she was fooled Tae. She held the chopsticks firmly and looked at Tae with fire eyes.

Jen: Ya! Kim Taehyung! How dare you fool me! Ya!!!!!

Tae got up from his seat and ran away. Jennie ran after him angrily holding the chopsticks. They kept running throughout the whole mansion. Tae's laughter and Jennie's shout filled the house. Looking at them Jungkook recalled his memories with his Taetae that made him upset eventually. He got up and took the dishes in the kitchen as they already finished their meal. He brought out the headphone and put it on. Playing the pop Playlist, Jungkook started washing the dishes.

JK's POV: I should be happy seeing your smile, right? But I can't, Taetae! I can't even feel a little amount of joy when I know the reason of your smile is not me. It's someone else, (looked back at Jennie) someone pretty, someone gorgeous. (bitter smile). Wish I could tell him everything about our past, but I can't! I can't even tell you we were friends, let alone about our love.

~FLASHBACK~

RM: Jungkookah! Promise me one thing.
JK: What's that, Hyung?
RM: Never tell him a single thing about the past. Actually his neurological issue is a bit complicated. If you try to remind him, his Anosognosia will be back again.
JK: Anosognosia? What's that?

Taehyung came back and made fuzz so they couldn't continue the conversation. Later when he was waiting for Tae to finish the photo shoot, Jungkook called Jin Hyung and asked him about it.

Jin: Anosognosia? Are you sure, Kookie?
JK: Yes, Hyung! But what's that?
Jin: If someone suffers from Anosognosia, his brain can't detect any physical problem of his body.
JK: Can't detect any problem? What is it supposed to mean?
Jin: Ok, let me simplify it for you. If your hand is injured, your nerves are supposed to send the signal to your brain. Here your brain is supposed to receive the signal and give a command so that the uninjured parts of the body starts healing the injured part immediately. But when someone has Anosognosia, the brain can't detect that signal of injury. As a result the injured organ is not gonna start healing at all.
JK: My God! You can't be serious, Hyung!
Jin: It's scary, isn't it? Most importantly, we have several mild or minor injuries inside our body everyday. Just imagine what what will happen if those mild scratches don't get healed?
JK: The whole body will end up being severely injured eventually.
Jin: Exactly. And the consequence will be paralysis, even death.
JK: Why would someone suffer from such a terrible disease?
Jin: It might be post traumatic, post accidental, due to severe brain injury. Did that friend of yours had an accident where he might have brain injury?
JK: Yes, Hyung! He was in coma for more than a year. He even lost all his memories after he woke up. The doctor said not to try to remind him of his lost memories. If we try to remind him, it might cause Anosognosia again.
Jin: Again means? Did he suffered from it before?
JK: Yes, probably right after he woke up when his family tried to remind him of the past.
Jin: That's really a complicated issue. Can I have his medical records file?
JK: OK, Hyung! I will ask his brother next time about it. Actually.....
Jin: What, Kookie? You can tell me anything, you know that, right?
JK: Yah, I know! Actually Hyung you know him too.
Jin: I know him?
JK: It's..... Hyung it's Taetae.
Jin: What!! You mean my Tae baby? But Kookie! Isn't he already....
JK: No, Hyung! He is alive. You can call and ask Jimin Hyung about it. He met Tae just an hour ago.