ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟠

Start from the beginning

"Stop talking nonsense, woman. Just shut up and leave since your work here is over", an other soldier rudely cut off my words.

This bitch-

I took a deep breath, ignoring those guy's words and continued, "Can't you try? Please?"

"I'm sorry, Officer Lee. We can't go against the protocols", the Captain kindly replied.

"But stil-"

"Can't you understand? It's none of your business what we do to that wench. Stop acting as if you are concerned", that guy again shouted at me.

"Acting? Don't you think you are crossing line, Mr. Ji?", I snapped at that person.

"This nutcase-"

"That suits you better", I fought back and turned facing the Captain once again,  "Today, during the operation an unidentified 68 years old lady died and that is it."

"Pardon?"

"I'm taking her with me, since she never existed here to begin with"

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Kwon Il-ha

"I apologise, it won't happen again", I bowed for the thousandth time as the head nurse stomped out of the Emergency Ward.

I'm so done.

I was sleep deprived by taking up all the shifts since Monday, it was Thursday today. Earlier a patient at the Emergency Ward got over my nerves so I ended up breaking his nose, which I treated later free of cost(note the sarcasm). I just couldn't help, he deserved it for being a jerk towards a nurse. I had to write an apology letter and also got suspended from work for a whole week.

Finally, I got a chance to rest for a whole week. I didn't even bother to stress about the suspension because I was too tired for that. Now I understood why people used to say being a doctor was not an easy task. It was just the fourth year of my residency and I was done with everything. Until last year it was manageable because Yeojun was with me but now she was scouted by the military and working as a military doctor.

I miss her.

It's been a whole month since we last met. I proposed her on her birthday this year after getting her parents' permission but we had no plans to get married until next year because we both were busy with our careers. I just wanted to go back to our shared house and take a nap with Yeojun in my arms. I was not even sure if she came back or not. My phone was dead so I couldn't ask her either. I decided to charge it once I go back home.

"I heard about your suspension", Huirak was waiting for me outside the locker room.

"Are you alright? You look like a mess", Yeonju questioned me, locking her arms with Huirak's.

They both got married last year as they also work at the hospital as nurses'. I still remember how shocked everyone was when they announced about it. Both were polar opposites. But again, Huirak had changed. He was not that annoying as he was during school. I could never imagine him as a nurse. But he was doing great job at work.

"I'm going home. Don't call me unless Haru needs me", I waved them a goodbye. Haru was a five years old girl who was admitted because of an accident. She was the first patient I was officially incharge of so I was on my toes whenever she needed me.

"Yah, We are meeting on Saturday, Lieutenant Lee invited us for dinner. Don't forget!!"

I walked out as Huirak was screaming about the dinner, smiling at how he was referring my brother in law. He was not a lieutenant anymore. He was a Major now.

I put my phone to charge as soon as I reached home and took a quick shower. Yeojun was not home as expected. I turned on the TV, while taking seat, eating my instant ramyeon.

Soon my attention shifted from the cup of ramyeon to the TV as they mentioned about the last sphere. I remember Yeojun about saying that their team was going to work on destroying it.

"What the fuc-", I nearly chocked my ramyeon when they mentioned that a female Military Phisician Lee entered North Korea.

Shit.

That was my fiancee.

I turned on my phone and dialled her but her phone was switched off. I took my jacket and ran out of the house, calling my brother in law, Lee Chunho.

Luckily he picked up the call.

"Where is Yeojun?", I questioned.

"She will be returning soon"

"The location?"

After a one hour ride and an almost accident, I reached their base in one piece.

I spotted Nara as soon as I entered. She was also in military. The snipper of the Special Force team Yeojun was part of.

"Where is she?", She pointed out the direction.

Please be okay. Please be okay. Please be okay, was all going through my mind.

I could hear Lee Chunho's screams as I got nearer the room which didn't help in any ways.

"Jagi?", I heard the voice I was longing to hear.

A wave of relief passed through my mind as I ran towards her, hugging her tightly ignoring everyone's stares.

"Are you alright?", I held her face, searching whether she had hurt herself but she was fine and thank god for that.

"Why are you here? What about work?", She inquired.

"I got suspended but that's not the point. Why the fuck you had to enter North Korea? Alone?", I glared at their team leader Han Seojun at the later part, he never fails to get on my nerves.

"Father ordered me to go. It's not team leader's faul-"

"What if something had happened to you?", I cut off her words.

"We sent her knowing nothing will happen to her, she's the daughter of the ministry of Defense Minister", Han spoke.

"Why were you screaming at her when I entered, Hyungnim?", I turned facing Lee Chunho.

"She brought a little girl from there", he let out a sigh.

Typical Lee Yeojun behaviour.

I was not even surprised after witnessing her pay for the medical treatment of almost everyone she rescued since last year.

"By the way, she needs to get hospitalised", Yeojun walked towards the medical ward in the camp taking me with her.

A small smile appeared on my face.

Haru will finally stop whining about having no friends.

A/N:I was supposed to post an epilogue but ended up writing too much🙃

A/N:
I was supposed to post an epilogue but ended up writing too much🙃

So I'll write one or two more chapters before the epilogue.

Have a great day ahead 😚

Thanks for reading ❤️

Luv y'all <3