ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛𝟞

ᴄᴜᴢ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺Christopher 01:17──|─── 03:53Moments ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰Lee Yeojun

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
Christopher
01:17──|─── 03:53
Moments
▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lee Yeojun

No sooner I had my eyes opened, I scanned around the place I was in. A sigh escaped my lips when my eyes fell on my brother. I had fainted after getting hit on my head by the debris created by the explosion

"Did you wake up? How are you feeling now?"

"Better", I replied but as I tried to move my body, I almost screamed out loud.

My body was hella sore.

"Can you walk?"

"I can try"

But I failed miserably.

"I have thousands of questions but I'll ask you them later. First, I'll find some backup"

"I'll come with you, Oppa"

"You can't even walk, sunshine. We even have to take Soonyi with us, right?"

My eyes fell on Soonyi who was lying beside me.

"Okay", I whispered timidly giving up.

"Don't worry", he walked near me kneeling down, "I'll be back soon, I promise", he pecked my forehead and left the room, limping because he sprained his leg earlier.

As soon as he left, I busted into tears.

Even though I was able to save my brother but I ended up losing Soonyi. I felt horrible. She lost her life while protecting me.

She never deserved it.

Ignoring the pain I crawled near Soonyi's body. I softly caressed her face, "I'm sorry"

All the things she said to me that night flashed inside my mind.

"How will I face Huirak? He never heard you confess", I bawled my eyes out feeling sorry about everything.

I still couldn't find the fact that Soonyi was no more acceptable. I was just waiting for her to wake up and say that it was a prank.

After few hours of waiting I fell asleep.

There was barely any energy left in my body. I didn't even knew how much time passed since the explosion took place.

And when I woke up I was already at the military camp.

"She woke up", a nurse ran out calling someone when she saw me awake.

I looked up when I sensed someone walking near me.

It was mother.

"My daughter, are you alright?", She cried wrapping her arms around me.

I hugged her back tightly crying my eyes out.

I pulled out after sometime, "What about Oppa?"

"He's fine, thanks to you sunshine", she smiled brightly.

"And..", I hesitated to ask her about Soonyi.

"Your friend Soonyi"

My eyes widened when mother mentioned her.

"She went to a nice place. We'll visit her once you heal your wounds"

I sadly looked down biting my lips, trying to control my sobs.

"It was her choice, don't blame yourself. Instead live your life to the fullest, I'm sure that's why she protected you with her life"

I nodded at her words, raising my head and wiping off my tears before they fell.

"Sunshine"

The door busted open revealing my very worried brother. He questioned me about my condition and when I replied him that I was fine he smacked my head lightly which earned him a smack for mother as well.

"Why did you hit me mom?", He whined looking at mom.

"Because you hit my sunshine", she replied which made me laugh.

"Because she deserved it, mom. What she did was reckless. What if something happened to her? ", he defended himself.

"But nothing happened, right? It's leave you guys alone, I have work to do"

And then mom left us in the room.

"So, How did you know that there was a bulletproof room?", He questioned me.

"I saw it on news once"

"But why didn't you tell me?"

"I did remember there was an university but I was not sure if it was Maesong City University"

"What?"

"But when you guys were fixing the dynamites, I was looking around for confirmation, I couldn't help because of my hand anyways. Luckily I found a blueprint of the building and then I realised it was Maesong City University which had a bulletproof underground classroom in case of emergency. But still I was not sure it if was safe from the dynamite, so I asked Yujung not to install them near that room"

Oppa chuckled at my explanation.

"That was really smart sis"

"I know", I smirked at him playfully.