Kanmani: But how did you manage all the expenses until you started working ? Arul bro said Mathi aunty stitched clothes but how was it enough for all the expenses ?

Veera: Like I said my uncle gave my father's share of money from selling my grandfather's lands. It was more than enough. She put the money in fixed and used the interest for expenses and appa had saved some money too. So we were not in need of money but she stitched clothes so that neighbours won't question anything.

Kanmani: Uncle was great person and we can never find a man like him. I miss him a lot. Veera, did you question why your mother wanted to leave village ?

Veera: I spoke a lot Kanmani but she is never ready to have a conversation on that. 

Kanmani: When I do cooking I get drenched in sweat completely but how are you still looking so fresh ?

Veera: If it is a compliment then thank you my dear wifey. I will tell you a secret but you will do that only when we are alone and you too will feel fresh.

Kanmani: Enna ? ( What ?)

Veera: Don't wear too many dress. Look at me just two piece thats it.

Kanmani jumped from the counter and knocked his head. Veera was laughing and swat her hands from knocking him again. He pushed her against the fridge and locked her between his arms.

Veera: There is no secret between husband and wife you know that ? We will tend to do a lot of intimate things after marriage you know that too ?

Kanmani blushed and pushed him placing her hand on his chest. 

Veera: Lunch is ready come lets finish that first. Its already too late for lunch.

He moved away and picked plates and served the veg briyani and raitha for both of them. Kanmani took water bottle and they settled on the couch to have the food watching a movie. Kanmani moaned as she took the first morsel of the food and Veera chuckled kissing her cheek.

Veera: I thought I would have to wait for some other time to hear a moan from you but here you are doing it just for my cooking ?

Kanmani choked on her food and he patted her back giving water to her.

Kanmani: Loosu payale...ippadi lam pesi chinna ponnu manasa kedukatha. ( crazy fellow... don't spoil an innocent girl's mind with your talks )

Veera: Who is innocent ? Don't make jokes and I have been waiting 28 years so don't expect me to live like saint. I m already taking it very slow.

Kanmani: Its been only days we have met and you have already kissed me so many times and you are saying that you are taking it slow ?

Veera: Madam, enakku unna porandhadhu la irundhu theriyum, rendu perum onna dhan valandhom ellarukkum theriyum enakku unna pudikkum, unakku enna pudikkum nu. Ayyankottai la irundhu varama irundha inneram namakku kalyanam agi pullainga school ku poi irukkum inga innum onnu irundhu irukkum ippo.

( Madam, I know you from the day you were born, we both grew up together and everyone knew that I liked you and you too liked me. if we hadn't left Ayyankottai then we would have been married by now and our kids would be going to school already. There would be another one here by now )

He caressed her abdomen saying it. Kanmani turned completely red hearing his words about kids and hung her head feeling shy.

Kanmani: Food is good... 

Veera: You could reward me anything and i will not mind.

They finished the food with all teasings and flirtings. Later Kanmani cleaned up the vessels and Veera cleaned the kitchen. Her mobile started ringing and she saw it was Jerry and spoke to him while Veera sat next to her playing with her braid.