𝐿𝑜𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹

There was a ringing in my ears, but it wasn't from the crowd panicking, the sirens screaming, or the explosions in the distance.

Groups of people were running to and from their houses, grabbing their children and families, the loud thunks of, car doors opening and house doors closing.

They were coming for us.

They told us we would be alright . That they were gone. But I knew not to trust them.

My eyes stung, the heavy smell of smoke filling my senses.

Where was he?

I spotted a group of children running to their houses, but I couldn't spot him in the crowd.

"Where is Emil?" I screamed to them, but none answered as they ran into the arms of their scared parents.

One girl walked up to me looking at me without pity in her eyes. "I saw him running away from the group" she told me with no emotion in her voice.

I knew my brother was foolish but not this foolish!

She pointed out where he went, and I ran as fast as my legs could take me.

Cars and families scrambling around all went by me like a blur. Where was Emil?

Then I saw him.

The little boy in a red t-shirt standing out in the crowd.

The little boy staring at the burning down building in fear and astonishment.

The little boy who I thought I lost years ago but was found all alone scared in the middle of a burning down street.

"EMIL!" I yelled hurrying towards him. I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him away.

He wriggled out from my grip, not losing eye contact with the fire.

"EMIL WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I screamed over the flames. This was not good; the explosions were getting closer and closer. I needed to get him out of here.

"Someone is in there!" he told me.

He stepped towards the building; his eyes filled with determination.

"I'm going in" he said, not waiting for an answer.

I grabbed his arm again, my eyes filled with more tears this time not from the smoke.

"I'm not losing you again" My voice broke.

He gave me one last look before pulling away and stepping into the doorway into the house. He practically glowed from the fire.

He looked at me, his eyes glassy, his hand held out. "Then come with me." 

Make Sure To Vote The Chapter If You Enjoyed It! 🌟