2 - Mal's Engagement!

Y/n's Pov

"Oh my god, what if the band doesn't come in on time? What if they forget their song? What if Uma shows up when Ben kneels down? WHAT IF MAL SAYS NO?" I began spiraling into an endless cycle of "what if" questions because I was so incredibly nervous for Ben to propose to Mal.

I heard giggling from behind me. Turning around, I saw it was Jay. "Love, you've got to calm down. Mal loves Ben, I highly doubt she'd say no," he told me, trying to calm me down. He grabbed a hold of my hands and rubbed them comfortingly.

"Yeah but what if she's not ready for marriage? Or what if-" I began asking more questions, buy Jay kissed me to shut me up. Pulling away, I smiled at him. "Thanks." I said with a giggle.

Jay chuckled at my nervousness. "No problem," he said as he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to his side in a hug. I rested my head on his shoulder for comfort. "I'd hate to see how nervous you'd be when it's your turn," he mumbled under his breath.

"Yeah, I- wait, what?" I asked him, lifting my head from his shoulder.

Before he could answer me, the crowd who had gathered around the front of Auradon began to cheer. I looked over and saw that Mal and Ben were coming over as the band began to play upbeat music. My mind immediately forgot Jay's comment as the two made their way to the podium at the front.

FG kept Mal on the podium before she could walk off it. As the band's song came to an end, she started speaking over the microphone. "Bippidy-boppidy, one-two one-two, can everyone hear me?" She asked the crowd to make sure the mic was working.

"Yes!" We all yelled at her. She then handed the mic over to Ben. Knowing what was coming, I began to excitedly dance and bounce in place. At least Mal had her back facing me so she didn't suspect anything. Jay tried to grab my hand to calm me down but it wasn't working, I was just too excited.

"Thank you, Fairy Godmother," Ben said. He took a moment to look at the crowd before continuing. "What's up, Auradon?" he asked, enthusiastically.

We all cheered in response.

"Thank you! Thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon," Ben told us. "It worked out pretty well for the first five."

"Yeah, especially for you!" Chad interrupted from his place in the crowd.

I growled in disgust at him. He was standing next to Audrey and her grandmother, Queen Leah. I think those three are the people I hate the most in Auradon.

Ben seemed to ignore him as he turned to Mal and grabbed her hand. I squeezed Jay's hand in mine to let him know how excited I was, though I'm sure he already knew.

"Mal, this is the exact spot we first met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life." The way Ben and Mal were staring at each other made me so giddy, I was about to get up there and propose to Mal for him. He's taking too long!!

"But did I mention, I'm in love with you?" He asked her, a callback to the first tourney game we watched in Auradon. Also Doug's cue to start playing the song on his guitar.

Adam, Belle, Carlos, Jay, and I all came up behind Doug and Evie to get a better sight of Mal.

Ben soon began singing. We all swayed back and forth to his song. "I met this girl who rocked my world likes it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her, and I won't ever stop. I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But now look at what you've done, you've got me..." Ben paused as he pulled a ring out of his pocket and kneeled down in front of Mal. "Down on my knee." Ben handed off the mic to Carlos as he opened the ring box.