one | alex

gif of alex

POV of Victoria

" I ran to him, my legs extended forming le grand jete, I landed gliding from place to place, and finally reaching him . . . applause . . . both of us out of breath as we stared into each other's eyes."

I was woke by the sound of a blender, meaning that Alex was already up. I struggled to get up and I put on my sweatpants and running hoodie since it was January. I walked out to the kitchen and Alex was gulping down his shake.

"Good morning Vee" he gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Hi" I said quietly.

"You ready?" I nodded yes, and we headed out of the apartment.

When I moved to New York pursuing my career as a ballerina, Alexander was the one who got me the job at New York City Ballet, he let me live with him, and I can't be more grateful, because he has always been there for me.

We have practiced dancing together, and it's like we are meant to dance for each other, but unfortunately we never got the chance to dance together on stage. It has been a very complicated relationship, but somehow we always found the way for things to be as best as they can be between us. We are not together, but to everyone else we are.

For example, if someone asks me, i'll tell them i'm not single, same goes for him, but when we're alone, it's always been friendly. I saw him more like my best friend.

He has always lived in New York, but he's Australian, very Australian . . . mate.

We got to the lobby and I greeted Pedro, who was . . . the lobby man you can call him.

When we exited the building jogged to Central Park, whilst criticizing last nights show.

Bad habit, but you can think of it as constructive feedback that the other person doesn't have to hear.

The topic of the day is a new Russian girl that got hired a week ago, Tanya. She is a great dancer, but has a terrible personality, I don't think it should even be considered a personality. She looks down on all the other dancers, and won't take anything else but the main role.

"Her bun got messed up when Mary was helping her with her costume, and she yelled at her. Mary has been working there for 20 years, and she comes in a week and is yelling at people." He widened his eyes and what he said is true. Mary is like the classic grandmother, she brings food for the dancers, and she design the best costumes.

"I mean, she is a great dancer, everything is perfectly timed." I said.

"Timed perfection is only good for critics, but if you don't dance with your heart then the audience won't feel the dance. You know what I mean?" I nod in agreement.

"I have to go to the Lincoln today." This was one of the things that annoyed me about Alex. He's forgetting we had the day off, and we had plans.

"But Alex, aren't we going to the Museum of Ice Cream today?" he raised an eyebrow. Of course he forgot.

"Babe, you have a show on Friday. That's in two days." he said lifting up both fingers. "Eat healthy so you can be nice and strong. Besides didn't you say you were going vegan." I rolled my eyes and started sprinting, he joined me and I tried very hard not to trip him.

When he noticed I was angry he stopped me and held both my hands. "They called me because, they made a schedule change, and I need to see what that's about, but anyways, we should go get breakfast." I walked ahead of him and I heard hims sigh. He hugs me from the back and whispers, "I'll make it up to you, I promise."