11: Frigid Stalker

Despite spending a month or so in Mondstadt, you didn't spend much time in the main city outside of eating or watching Venti play music for his people.

After giving you two boyfriends kisses goodbye, you walked to the city alone. Diluc had work to do regarding the winery, and Venti just told you he was meeting an old friend.

You goal for today was to acquaint yourself with the knights of Favonius. Since they were on good terms with the traveler, there'd be a good chance you'd be able to find out about their whereabouts from them.

You walked inside the building, admiring how nice it actually looked in person. Then you realized, you could go upstairs!

Normally in the game, the upstairs of the building wasn't available, and probably never would be, because what would they even put up there?

But now that you were there in person, you could push the bounds of the game, and explore what didn't exist!

But as you got onto that first step, you heard something behind you.

"Ahem!"

You looked behind you yo see a blonde woman with her arms crossed.

"Who might you be? And what makes you think you're allowed up there?"
She asked.

"I-uh-!"
You spattered nervously. You didn't think you'd be caught!

She chuckled seeing your reaction,
"You're not in any trouble, it's just that the upstairs area isn't available to normal citizens,"

Then she squinted at you,
"Though you don't seem to look like a normal citizen,"

You got off of the stairs and approached her,
"I'm an outlander, and I was wondering if you'd be able to tell me where the traveler is,"

Well that was certainly a way to introduce yourself.

She led you to her office so she'd be able to talk to you in private, and searched through some papers in her desk.

"Before I give you any information, I need to do a few checks,"

Jean stared into your eyes,
"Do you plan on harming Mondstadt or it's people?"

You shook your head earnestly,
"Of course not! I don't even think I'm capable of doing so,"

She sighed,
"I'll take your word for it, I don't think I'd be able to handle an actual security check on you at the moment,"

She read through the papers and stashed them away when she'd finished.
"From the letters I've gotten, the Traveller should be in Liyue right now. Though I've got to warn you, they may be more strict on security there,"

"Thanks Grandmaster Jean!"
You said before leaving.

She was about to correct you for leaving out the Acting part of her title, but then she realized something else.
She hadn't told you her name.

Eh, you'd probably heard it from somewhere.

But still, she sensed something off about you.

Kaeya walked inside of Jean's office right as you left, and they exchanged a quick glance before she assigned him a new task.

~•~

WHY IS HE FOLLOWING ME

You though to yourself as one of your babygirls trailed behind you.

Kaeya following you was something you noticed immediately when it began. In your old life you were a little paranoid, which made you a very good actor in these situations, making it seem like you were none the wiser to the Calvary Captain's creeping.

You successfully ignored him while you toured the city, but damn was it beginning to get annoying! How were gonna blow your nose without him watching, or even use the bathroom!

Eventually you got fed up with it, and began running for it.

Walls of ice immediately formed around you, blocking any chance of escape. It seemed you forgot that in this world, they could do more with their visions than just their in game abilities.

"And just where do think you're going, outlander?"
He asked with a smirk.

He received no response.

After a bit of silence, he approached the enclosure of ice he'd formed and got rid of one of the walls to see if you'd somehow managed to get free.

Nope! You were lying down, snoring.

He was honestly amazed that you'd somehow managed to fall asleep in fifteen seconds, and began to crouch down to examine you.

He had to admit, you did look pretty good. But he was on a mission, and couldn't let good looks affect his decision making.

Kaeya lowered your hand to your face, but once it'd gotten close enough, you opened your eyes and bit it.

"OW! MY HAND!"

You immediately got up and ran away as he stood in shock of what'd just happened.

Did you just bite him?!

That didn't matter, he had to make sure you didn't leave his sight!

He began to run after you, staring wondering how in the hell you had so much stamina.

He didn't know how long he was running after you for, he quickly lost track as he had to worry about not letting you escape.

You opened the door to the building and slammed it shut behind you, thankful to see your boyfriend already there.

"DILUC YOUR BROTHER IS-"

"You don't need my permission to pursue him. I think he'd benefit from someone like you, but please do not tell me about what you do with him,"
He said warmly.

You gave him an annoyed look,
"What the hell?! That's not what I was gonna say! Kaeya's chasing me!"

He sighed,
"Of course he is. Just go talk to him, it'll be fine,"

Diluc guided you out of the door, shutting it behind you so Kaeya wouldn't even get a glimpse of him.

A sense of betrayal washed over you as you were left to fend for yourself, but after taking in what you saw, you didn't need to feel so worried.

Kaeya was bent over, his hands resting on his knees as he tried to catch his breathe, inhaling and exhaling loudly.

"You...!"
He struggled to point at you.

"I have... questions..."
And then he collapsed from exhaustion.

"Diluc! Your brother passed out, can you hold the door open while I bring him in?"

_____________________

I'd pass out too tbh