04: The angel's share

"Why're we walking? Can't you just float us there or something?"

The bard shook his finger at you,
"Unlike you, the general population just think I'm a simple bard. If they saw me floating they might get suspicious,"

"Well could you at least walk a little bit faster?"

He pouted,
"I've got short legs!"

Instead doing what a sane person would do and slowing down, you instead picked him up bridal style. He was surprisingly light, probably due to the fact that he was a god of wind.

Venti was more than delighted to be carried about, and pointed towards a stone bridge,
"Onward my noble steed!"

You made your way into Mondstadt, and the first thing you did was order food at the good hunter.

"One chicken mushroom skewer please!"

You looked at the bard and saw him giving you the largest puppy eyes he could muster. You sighed.

"Make that two skewers,"

Sara (the lady who runs the good hunter) smiled,
"Great! That'll be 900 mora,"

Oh right. Things costed money.

Do you even have mora? You just fell from the sky!

You blinked, and in that moment, it was as if a tutorial had popped up, guiding you to your phone.

When the hell did you get this app? The application had a mora logo on it, and when you opened it, a very large number appeared.

This must've been the amount of mora you had when you played the game!

You typed in the cost of your goods, and 900 mora appeared in your hands which you gave to Sara.

"Your food will be ready in a moment, for the meantime, you two can take a seat,"

You smiled on response and sat at a nearby table with the bard.

"That little device of yours seems mighty handy,"

You showed him your phone,
"The people of my world use these all the time. They provided information, mostly entertainment, and a whole lot of other stuff,"

His eyebrows raised in curiosity,
"Entertainment you say? Could you show me?"

You shook your head,
"It's lost a lot of its functionality in this world. Besides storing my mora, it can take pictures and that's pretty much it,"

"That's unfortunate, but don't worry, I can provide you with all the entertainment you need!"

A smile formed on your lips as you watched the bard puff out his chest confidently.
"That sounds nice, Venti,"

Soon your food had arrived, and as quickly as it came, it had been eaten. Apparently both you and the god were very hungry.

"Did you two enjoy your food?"

Venti spoke for you, putting an arm around your shoulder,
"It was excellent as always, Sara! Me and..."

At that moment he realized he had no idea what the hell your name was.