1

~Life saver~
December 1

Charles's POV

"Julius!" I hear a woman screaming, her harsh voice deafening my mechanics' extremely boring chatter about our strategy this weekend.

I decide to push away the noise, the sound of someone screaming his name having become a daily struggle.

"You think you're capable of that Charles?" Xavi asks me, gaining my attention again. All heads turn to me, as I stare blankly at him. I had completely forgotten to listen.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I reply, a sigh leaving Xavi's mouth. It's clear to everyone that my attention has been directed at other things lately.

"I was just asking if-" and as if all odds are against me today, Xavi doesn't get to finish his sentence, before the brunette boy, who's known for causing me trouble, bursts into the room.

"Papa! You have to save me!" Julius's voice echoes through the now very silent room. His eyes are wide open, his hair ruffled up, looking like a birds nest.

"Mon ange, I'll help you in a second, Papa just needs to finish this meeting" I tell him, cupping his face in my hands. I wish, almost pray, that Julius behaves for once, as I wait for his response.

"But Papa! She's scary!" Julius exclaims, his sweet voice piercing through the room. I furrow my brows at him, but it all makes sense when his nanny suddenly steps into the room.

Her grey hair is just as ruffled as Julius', maybe even worse, and she looks like she's just seen a ghost. She clears her throat, making Julius jump into my arms.

Nanny's usually have a hard time controlling Julius, but it's never been this bad...

"I apologise M. Leclerc, but your boy is simply uncontrollable." She says, catching her breath, probably because she's been chasing Julius the whole day.

"I quit. I can't take this anymore" She quickly says, leaving before her words even register in my head. This is Julius's fourth nanny in the span of a month. I hired her less than a week ago...

If I thought it was silent in the room before, this is on a whole other level. I know everyone is in just as much shock as I am.

"I gotta take care of this boys, I'm so sorry" I announce, lifting Julius up in my arms. In awkward silence I leave the room, all of  the mechanics looking extremely disappointed. This has eventually become a daily task...

I place Julius down in a red couch, squatting down in front of him to be at eye level. The corners of his mouth turn downwards into a frown, when I try my best to put on my disappointed papa face.

"I'm sorry Papa, I know I promised I would behave..." Julius mumbles, his bottom lip pouting out, as his green eyes glaze with tears.

"It's okay..." I reply, not being able to hold my disappointed act anymore. I can never stay mad at Julius, he reminds me too much of myself...

I pull him into a hug, his tears rolling down my shirt as he rests his head on my chest. "You don't have to apologise, Mon ange" I whisper to him, placing a kiss in his messy brown hair.

--❄--

"What do these things do?" Julius asks me, closely observing a tool that the mechanics use. I had to take him with me into the garage, but he's so intrigued by everything, that he has to inspect every single thing.