Part 7 - The Confession

Start from the beginning

Abhinav looked down sadly, she was still angry at him . He linked her sentence with the happenings on wedding day.

" Nikkeji , idhaar aa" he called his son as he came to him with a sullen face.

" Look Yaara, it's just 7. Papa's train is only at 11. So I will leave only after making you sleep , okay?" He tried to reason with him.

" okay papa" Abhir said still feeling sad.

" Beta, thoda has toh le" Abhinav tickled him.

Abhir laughed finally .

After dinner, Abhinav took Abhir to his room and lied next to him. Abhir climbed on him in habit and dozed off in a minute. Abhinav who had missed this all along also closed his eyes for a minute and slept off.

Akshara walked to the room with a glass of milk and saw dad and son sleeping together.  A sight she often adorned in their house.  It brought tears to her eyes, she missed her home. She decided not to disturb them for now,  since there was still ample time for the train. She went inside and put a duvet on both of them. She then kissed Abhir's head . She saw Abhinav scrunching his face , as a strand of his hair was falling on his face disturbing his sleep.

Her hand working on its own , moved the hair off his face. The touch woke him up . He saw Akshara's face near to his face, her hand on his forehead. Their eyes met.

Akshara stood up straight from her position

" Wo.. aapka baal.. aapka chehre mein"  she tried to form a sentence trying to explain why she was so close to him.

Abhinav nodded understandingly and made Abhir lie down on his bed comfortably and covered him with duvet.

He then got up , looked at Akshara who was standing there, looking at the floor.

This was the first time they were alone after the wedding. The tension in the room was apparent. The silence in air was deafening.  He wanted to say many things , but he had no words. His eyes pleaded with her to say something but she didn't even meet his.

Abhinav looked at the clock, it was just 8. He didn't want to make her more uncomfortable with his presence and decided to go back to the room he had booked.

" Akshara " he called out hoping she would meet his eyes atleast now.

She raised her eyes and looked at him,  he hoped it to reflect anger but it only reflected sadness, the one he had caused. Her pain troubled him . He had to apologize. Eventhough she had asked him not to apologize,  he wanted to try it once more.

"Akshara, The house is looking so empty without you both .  It has been a fortnight since you left, but it feels like years. Please comeback . I'm sorry for whatever I did.  You don't even have to forgive me. Just comeback to the house. Be angry with me there. Fight with me, shout at me, even slap me. please talk to me. Your silence is killing me. Please
Akshara, im really sorry" he apologized for his mistake and saw Akshara was crying too.

She moved forward and hugged him as tightly as she could.  Abhinav felt content holding her after what seemed like years. He planted a small kiss on her hair. After a minute of staying like that Akshara moved back and wiped her tears.

" Bye" she said and ran off to her room.

*************************************

Akshara looked through her window with a tear stricken face as her husband was boarding a taxi. She wanted to run and stop him but she couldn't.  She simply couldn't. She looked at him turn back and look at her room. She moved back behind curtains and looked only when she heard the taxi leaving. She fell on the floor and cried with her head between her knees.