𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"well he was. he came over to my flat, apologised for not listening and said he was gonna end things with rocks." amara admitted, forgetting that michael wasn't there to hear about fatima's nickname for ruby.

"rocks?!"

"oh yeah fatima made up that nickname for ruby. she said diamond was too generous." amara recalled, a soft smile on her face.

"well yeah he's dumped rocks," michael continued, chuckling and rolling his eyes, "so he told me this morning he'd ended it with her and he's glad it's done."

"oh well..that's- that's good. i'm happy for him."

"you're happy for yourself mars, you're not fooling anyone." michael laughed, seeing right through his friend.

"yeah he's right mara you really ardent fooling anyone." jasmine added as she entered the room again.

"ok fine i'm happy for myself. i really like him, like really like him." she confessed, her shoulders dropping and her smile fading slightly. she felt jasmine's eyes on her, her expression soft and empathetic. she then turned to michael, who had the same expression on his face, wishing he could comfort her in that moment. jasmine noticing this, immediately hugged amara, as a way to let amara know it was all ok. "i mean like i've never liked anyone like i've liked him. and he doesn't even like me back."

"i know mars. it's so shit but we're all here for you. if you don't want to face him today, you can always stay with me and marcus and aaliyah and watch tangled with us." jasmine cooed, rubbing circles on amara's back.

"i mean you don't know that he doesn't like you back." michael interjected quietly.

"why, do you know anything? did he say anything?" amara inquired, her eyes sparkling slightly.

"um- it's- let's just say i'm his close friend and i know him well enough to know how he feels about you." michael comforted, trying not to reveal what he actually knew. the truth is that michael had read dave's text, before he deleted it; he just didn't want to embarrass dave by telling him he had actually seen it. so he acted as if he didn't. so michael knew dave was jealous of him and amara, and that amara liked dave; so to say he couldn't say anything would be an understatement.

"you're just saying that cause you're my friend, but i appreciate it. and it'll be better if i do go out. i haven't seen tima in a few weeks and i haven't seen gianna in ages." amara concluded, "but you have michael, haven't you?"amara teased, smirking and laughing at him bowing his head down, scared to meet her gaze. jasmine too enjoyed seeing michael so flustered, so the two continued to poke fun at him, until he had enough and hung up on them.

𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘

location: amara and jasmine's flat- london

"i can't believe he'd do that. how rude ( ! )" jasmine uttered sarcastically, clutching her chest in fake hurt.

"right ( ! ) how disrespectful of him (!)" amara joined in, mirroring her friend's expression, before the two burst out laughing.

"alright girl you have to goooo. go get your mannn!!" jasmine dragged out, in an attempt to hype amara up, as she pushed her towards the door.

"he's not my man!!" amara shouted back at jasmine, smiling softly as she said so.

"mkay sure. anyways give us a twirl!!" jasmine continued to hype amara up, watching as she twirled around in her white corset top and white trousers. "ooohh you look too good mars. you know if i swung that way and wasn't with marcus i'd snatch you up." jasmine continued, smiling at how amara giggled and seemed a lot more spirited than before.