ᴛᴇɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

    Faye felt like she wanted to die. 

    And not because a stupid boy didn't like her back, no, she could actually care less because she knows that he's not worth her time (totally lying to herself by the way, but it's alright, everyone needs some kind of comfort when they're mad over a boy), but because he didn't believe her. 

    Faye doesn't trust many people and she sure as hell doesn't tell many people that she likes them like in a romantic way. 

    And now that she did, he didn't believe her. How could he not fucking believe her? She honestly did not know what hurt more, either him not liking her back or not believing her. 

    These have been Faye's thoughts as she was walking back to the brown van where her friends were waiting for her. It seemed like Faye had forgotten how to feel emotions as the only thing she was currently feeling was numbness. Her eyes wore a feeling of betrayal. 

    One step forward and three steps back.

    When her eyes landed on the brown van, she saw a figure leaning on the van. A brunette-haired boy who was also dating her best friend stared at her with a sympathetic smile. She hated it. She hated when others pitied her, and she also understood why JJ must've gotten so mad after she offered to pay his restitution. But Faye didn't mean it in a bad way. She just wanted to do it. Not because she pitied him, but because she cared for him. And also because she partly felt guilty about it.

    "Hey," John B said softly. "Are you okay?"

    "I'll live," Faye tucked a hair behind her ear.

    "Look, don't take him too seriously." He started saying, "When JJ gets like this, he says things he doesn't mean and does stupid shit."

    "Yeah," Faye chuckled.

    Faye didn't want to talk about what just happened. And John B probably noticed that too. He stared at the girl with sympathetic eyes, as he opened his mouth to speak, hoping that what he says makes the girl feel better. "You should open your eyes and look at the signs that are right in front of you, Faye."