Meerabs eyes softened as she tightly hugged mirha ....

Mirha freed herself from meerab and took a deep breath trying to regulate her fluctuating heart beat which increased at all the inappropriate thoughts clouding her innocent little mind...

Mirha held meerabs soft hands in her miniature ones and looked confidently in her eyes...

Mirha: API , tell me honestly ... did that murtasim khan harm you , did he do anything with you , why are you crying??... mirha's cute little voice broke down seeing the tears of her beloved sister , at that time she didn't care about why she came with murtasim khan or the marriage bomb he had dropped on their heads , she only cared about her meerab api....

Meerab: n- no mirha ... he didn't do anything .... with that she engulfed mirha in a quick little side hug before grabbing her dupatta off the floor and storming off to her fathers bedroom....

_________________________

Waqas old veiny hands clutched on the side of the old chocolate brown arm chair as he rested his head on the comfy headrest of the arm chair ... his eyes were closed as the picture of his most dearest daughter drenched in tears came infront of his eyes , at that time he wanted to kill himself for being the reason behind the tears of his daughter .....

Just as anila was handing waqas a glass full of water , the door opened with a loud...

TUCK!!!....

waqas sprung up from the seat and his eyes watered seeing his meerab , her eyes swollen and red,  her delicate pink lips wet and trembling , her cheeks flushed with fury ...

Her legs wobbled like jello as she slowly approached her father who looked down in guilt as silent tears escaped his wrinkled eyes....

Waqas slowly joined his hands infront of his daughter and spoke in a hoarse and trembling voice....

Waqas : m-mujhe maaf krdo, yeh - yeh sab k-kuch me-meri wa-wajah se horaha hain"... he stuttered as he fell back on the armchair , his both hands covering his face as he sobbed....

Meerab fell on her knees and crouched down beside her father ......

Meerab : b-baba , iss meh apki koi ghalti nahi hai , I'm sure murtasim neh apke saath dhoka ( fraud) kia hain , we -we can go to court , yes , we will... we will prove him wrong , he only showed me the bit where you signatures and thumb print were ... baba -baba , I know you didn't sign that if you weren't able to pay him then he could marry me , you didn't knee that didn't you.. that's what it said in the contract ... right???... meerab sobbed , hoping her father didn't prove her wrong....

Waqas looked upto her and murmured....

Waqas: woh- the contract said if I wasn't able to pay his loan within 4 years then he would take up all of my land , however in the past 4 years my land has become infertile , the quality of the vegetables  and grains has decreased therefore the overall value of the land also decreased , I tried to convince him to take my house and lands however he didn't agree and the panchayat gave me time to think about it .. he can't just come up and say that ... I-will not let you marry that beast ... no , never ... over my dead body. I'll go and talk to the panchayat right now... waqas talked In a determined yet helpless tone as he got up and began to walk,  meerab held his arm and made him turn towards her as she wiped the dried tears off her face...

Meerab: baba I'm ready to marry him....

Waqas's eyes opened wide in horror and anila yelled...