STORY OF THE CHUBBY 43

Start from the beginning

'Chris you're gonna get cooties!'

Chris rolled his eyes, 'Connor, really?'

Connor stuck his tongue out, 'Bubbles peed in the hallway, again.'

'So clean it up,' Chris said, with a chuckle.

'No! I cleaned it up last time,' Connor pouted, stomping his foot. I laughed at how cute he was.

'Tell Caleb then,' I offered. He immediately brightened up and run into the house shouting Caleb's name.

'I regret telling that kid about cooties,' Chris shook his head laughing. Then he turned to look at me. 'Girlfriend,' he said, giving me a boyish grin.

'Boyfriend,' I said shyly, testing the word.

'Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?' He smirked throwing a ball he had in his pocket and we watched the two dogs run towards it. I grinned and leaned my head on his shoulder.

Fluffy, though small, battled for the ball and came back with it in his mouth and dropped it by Chris, Angus following behind, not minding not losing the ball to Fluffy.

***

'Did you talk to your aunt?' I asked Chris, studying our hands intertwined together. We were still in the backyard, sitting on the porch swing. The Halls had taken their dogs not too long ago and Sofia was in the kitchen staring on dinner while Fred, Cathy and the twins were in the living room watching some movie.

Chris was looking ahead of us, 'Yea. She's nice, I guess.'

'And?' I pushed.

'I don't know, Cecilia. I'm...conflicted,' he answered a few seconds,  his tone frustrated. 'I don't want to meet him. He's the one who left me...abandoned me! We have nothing between us anymore so it should stay that way. At the same time,' he stands up and runs his hands through his hair. 'At the same time I want to confront him and ask him the question that has been haunting me all my life.' He turned to look at me, his eyes looking troubled. 'Why? Why did he just dump me and leave me? Was I not g-good enough?'

I stood up to embrace him tightly, trying to give him the comfort he needed. 'No, don't think like that,' I told him.

His hands come around me, holding me tight. He pulled away after a while. 'I'm sorry. I'm acting like such a girl,' he laughed a little, though I could still see the turmoil in his eyes.

'Hey!' I pushed him playfully. 'What's wrong with being a girl? Plus I think you'd make a beautiful girl!'

Chris laughed, throwing his head back, 'Oh Lord! Can you imagine me as a girl?'

I paused, narrowing my eyes as I tried to picture him as a girl.

'I didn't mean you do it!' Chris exclaimed, pulling me towards him as I laughed.

'You'd be a pretty girl,' I muttered, resting my head on his shoulder. 'Christine or Christina.'

'Very funny,' he said, dropping a kiss on my forehead.

Boyfriend. It did have a nice ring to it...God; I loved this boy so much. I just hope he doesn't hurt me.

***

'I think Alex is a little depressed,' Sam said to me as we are getting coffee at the cafeteria in the hospital. It was Sunday and Sammy had come along with me to see Alex. Chris was with his family along with Mrs Watson and they were visiting his other grandmother who lived about an hour away. We'd texted a few times here and there.

I'd told Sammy about how Chris and I were officially together and she'd have screamed my ear off if we weren't in a hospital.

I have noticed that Alex had been a little low, too. She's lost her usual brightness and she doesn't speak as much as she used to before she came to the hospital.

'The hospital can be depressing,' I replied, blowing my coffee in an attempt to cool it.

'Well, I had an idea,' Sam said, looking excited and wary at the same time.

'Shoot,' I said as we walk back to Alex's room.

'Well,' she paused to sip at her latte. 'Next weekend is prom-'

'It is? Damn, where did time go?' Seriously...that means that graduation is soon. Everything is soon...I'm not ready... 'Continue,' I tell Sammy.

'I was thinking we should have a prom for Alex. We'll go to school for like an hour then we come to Alex...just a few people with Alex and invite Tim as a surprise.'

My mouth was wide open in surprise, 'Sam you're a genius! Yes! Definitely.' I pulled her into a hug. 'You're amazing!'

She laughed, 'I try.'

'Let's go tell my Mum,' I told her as we continue walking, talking about various ways on how the prom should go. I couldn't wait!

A/n:
You guuuuyss!
Omg...49.9k!!! Woaah...just... woah. 3.08K votes...I'm in awe.
You guys make me happy. Thank you.
Vote, comment, share, add to reading lists..all you ghosts! Come on! :)

I love you all.♥♥♥
Angie x