Helios incorporated a lot of other physical exercises to build my strength ranging from pushups to laps around the field. I wheezed like a dying pig, and Helios only laughed at my misery. He did everything with me, but he barely even broke a sweat. I was appreciative that he stayed at my pace, so I didn't feel like a complete failure.

"You're pretty good for a beginner," Helios nudged my shoulder gently in encouragement. We were sitting at our usual spot by the sparkling lake, the sun slowly rising on the horizon.

I nodded, smiling gratefully at him," You're a pretty good teacher."

I could tell he put in a lot of effort in his own training. I knew I was in the right hands.

"It gets easier over time. Soon enough you'll be fucking people up left and right," he grinned.

I smiled back at him before pushing up to my feet. My legs burned, but it felt satisfying. I was working hard and pain was evidence. I held out my hand to Helios, helping him to his feet as well.

"I'm going to get some rest. It's my day off," I told him, turning towards the direction of my house. "Thanks again."

I took off, barely catching his wave over my shoulder.

"Anytime," he called after me. "See you tonight!"

When I returned home, my room was in absolute chaos. There appeared to be an argument between Millie and Raegan. Their shouting could be heard outside the door. In the midst of all of this, one of the Hampton children, Chandler, was playing cars with Karter, but it was more like the extreme crashing of monster trucks. They were also yelling at the top of their lungs. I groaned, putting my head in my hands. It wasn't likely I was getting any sleep through this.

"Just admit you took it!" Millie exclaimed," You literally had it in your hands yesterday."

"I don't have it! Why do you always blame me for everything?" Rae yelled back, clutching her fist.

"Because you're the only one with sticky fingers."

"So do you!"

I stepped through the door, blowing air through my mouth as I collapsed on the bed.

"What are you arguing about?" I questioned, covering my face with my arms.

"She thinks I stole her stupid chocolate," Rae snorted, jumping on the bed this morning.

I pulled out a handful of golden rappers out of my pocket, peeking beneath my arm as I displayed it to them.

"Talking about this?"

I squealed as I was suddenly attacked with pillows by both girls, curling into myself as a shield as I fell into laughter. It was too much to handle in my sleepy state and all I could do was protest through my giggles that I didn't mean it. Truth be told, we all knew I did. How else was I supposed to fuel my sugar intake? My allowance wasn't enough for me to fully sustain my cravings, so I stole from my siblings instead. I don't see the harm.

"I'm sorry," I apologized weakly one more time, hoping they'd cease their assault.

"I don't believe you, but I'll leave you be," Millie finally said, setting the pillow by her side. "I'll just take yours."

"Nooooo!!!!!" I whined.

"It's only fair punishment I take some too," Rae added.

I was never being honest again.

I reached behind one of the pillows, pulling out my little wolf. I inhaled the faint scent of Rowen, finding it easier to rest. I wish you were here, I thought, hoping he'd appear right before my eyes. I pushed that useless desire away, though, settling with the gift he left me. It was enough to lure me into darkness.

The next time I opened my eyes, Helios was standing above me. I sprung up in shock, scrambling to my feet with wide eyes.

"What time is it?" I panicked, glancing around for our clock...that I just knocked to the floor.

"Hold on, sleepy," Helios chortled, amused by my hectic behavior. "It's only noon."

I shoved his chest away, dropping back into my bed and pulling the covers over my head.

"Goodnight."

"Mariiiii," he drawled, tugging the blankets away from me. "I have something to tell you."

"Don't care."

Normally, I'd feel guilty, but I was too tired to care. Once I was sleeping an elephant couldn't drag me out of bed.

"Wait...I know that wolf," Helios said, confusion lacing his tone.

Okay, I'm up.

My heart lurched in my chest as I quickly grabbed the stuffed animal and hid it between my legs under the blanket.

"What do you need to tell me again?" I tried changing the subject, nervously fiddling with the end of my blanket.

He looked puzzled, not picking up my cue," I went with Alpha Rowen the other day. He said he was buying it for his..."

He paused, his eyes trapping my worried ones.

"...mate."

I sighed, snuggling the wolf to my chest. There was no hiding it now. Helios' eyes grew wide as realization flooded over him.

"Shit, Mari. He's going crazy over you," he answered, rubbing a hand through his hair.

"I know," I replied quietly, a ball of anxiety rolling in my chest.

"Mari-"

"I'm not what he wants."

"You don't know-"

"You know how he feels about us!" I cried. "He'll reject me."

He opened his mouth in response but shut it quickly as if he was rethinking his response. He sighed, settling next to me on the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered.

His words punched me in the chest. I never had a sad day with Helios. He knew how to make me forget about all my worries with a single word. The very last thing I wanted was to burden him with my problems.

I looked away, pulling my knees to my chest," I don't want you to worry about me."

He grabbed my hand, drawing my eyes to his," I worry about you anyway, so don't even bother with that."

I chuckled softly, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I'm scared, Lio."

"I know. Just know, I won't let anyone hurt you. Not even that Alpha of ours," he promised, wrapping an arm around me. "Should I call you Luna now?"

I shoved him away, shaking my head with a dry laugh.

"So, what was so important for you to wake me up?" I wondered, remembering the reason he was here in the first place.

He stood back to his feet, shoving his hands into the pocket of his jeans.

"I need to go to my grandparents cabin tonight for a couple of days so I won't be able to train with you tonight."

"Great, you're leaving me too," I mumbled.

"Hey, it's not too far. I can come back anytime you need me," he assured, patting my arm. "Try and relax today, okay. You deserve it."

"Yeah, yeah." I waved him out, falling on my back.

Now, I can finally go back to sleeping all day.