The cockatrice seemed unusually vigilant today, doubling its efforts to protect Vettriana

The cockatrice seemed unusually vigilant today, doubling its efforts to protect Vettriana. In her opinion, the creature had gone a bit overboard. Wherever she went, the cockatrice circled around her as if it were her unwavering guardian, ready to defend her at a moment's notice.

"Drakewrym, could you please calm down? I can't focus on mastering this Lumos spell with you buzzing around like this. It is getting frustrating," Vettriana said, her voice tinged with irritation. She repeatedly swished and flicked her wand in an attempt to cast the spell correctly. Kauis watched this ritual for the tenth time, letting out a sigh as he observed his Lady's growing frustration.

Kauis nodded patiently and offered guidance. "My Lady, it requires careful concentration and a clear focus of your mind. Try to imagine the wand tip glowing with a soft light."

Vettriana tried to follow his advice, but her frustration was growing. She questioned the purpose of learning Lumos, given her sensitivity to light. "Why do I even need to learn this? I am a Malphas, and you know that my eyes are highly sensitive to light. So, why should I bother learning it?" She raised a skeptical eyebrow, seeking an answer.

Kauis nodded, satisfied with her decision. "My Lady, the reason behind learning Lumos is that it is an essential part of your training. It will prepare you for your future and ensure that you are well-equipped with the necessary skills. It is always better to be prepared and knowledgeable rather than remaining ignorant."

Vettriana let out a huff of defeat, realizing the importance of her training. She conceded, "All right, I agree with you. It is wiser to learn and grow than to be lazy and unprepared."

Kauis nodded in approval, pleased that Vettriana was willing to continue her training. "That is the spirit, My Lady. Learning and mastering each spell will make you a formidable witch. Now, let us focus on that Lumos spell. Remember, you can do this."

With renewed determination, Vettriana continued to practice the Lumos spell, her focus unwavering as she concentrated on her wand and the desire for light. Vettriana casts "Lumos" with a smooth and purposeful motion of her wand. She had visualized the light she wanted, and it had worked as intended. But as she gazed at the light, she momentarily forgot about her sensitive eyes.

The brightness overwhelmed her, and she dropped her wand as if it were scalding hot. She closed her eyes and began massaging her temples, a migraine starting to set in. Kauis was already by her side, full of concern. "My Lady, are you alright? This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let you learn Lumos."

Vettriana winced as she massaged her temples, trying to soothe the throbbing pain in her head. The brightness of the spell had taken her by surprise, and her sensitive eyes were now paying the price.

Kauis continued to worry, his voice filled with guilt. "My Lady, I am truly sorry. I did not anticipate this reaction. I should have been more careful."