During those long days where Vettriana found herself feeling lonely and bored, she often gazed at the old green grass on the ceilings, which, to her, appeared dull and uninteresting

During those long days where Vettriana found herself feeling lonely and bored, she often gazed at the old green grass on the ceilings, which, to her, appeared dull and uninteresting. Her life seemed to revolve around strict rules set by Abby and Merlin, who had warned her not to interact with anyone outside the house. Even the cockatrice, her loyal companion, didn't provide much amusement.

Vettriana had picked up on the conversations between Abby and Merlin regarding Nicholas Brownmore, whom they referred to as a "Muggle." Despite not understanding the meaning of the word, she sensed that it was just a phrase. Her keen ears had caught snippets of Merlin's descriptions, painting Nicholas as a kind and encouraging person, which made her curious about this mysterious figure.

Vettriana was, in her own way, trying to make sense of the world around her, even if she didn't fully comprehend all the details. She longed for more understanding, more interaction, and, above all, an opportunity to break free from her isolation. The promise of a bigger, more colorful world outside the confines of her home was alluring, even if she didn't yet know what "Muggle" meant.

"Follow me." A faint sound hissing can be heard outside. Vettriana, curious about the soft hissing sound, followed it to the door leading outside. The voice beckoned her to come closer, and she ventured out into the open. She spotted a rattlesnake hiding behind the bushes, its forked tongue flickering in the air.

"Greetings," hissed the snake. Vettriana, a blend of curiosity and caution swirling within her, was unaware of her ability to communicate with snakes through Parseltongue. The snake seemed distinct, unlike the ordinary serpents she had encountered. Vettriana opted to explore its intentions.

"Whatya want?" vettriana asked, using parseltongue.

"Just a friend." The rattlesnake said. Vettriana was tempted to know who is the forbidden child. Could she trust this rattlesnake? She questions herself. She decided to ask nonetheless without charging.

Veltriana, mindful of her own boundaries, initiated the conversation, "Why do you wish to forge a friendship with me?" Despite confronting a sizable 96 cm rattlesnake, she maintained her composure. The snake possessed a robust physique and a broad head marked by two distinctive lines, yet Vettriana remained unfazed by its imposing stature.

The rattlesnake reassured her, "I can sense your ennui from here, and I can aid in dispelling it. You shall never have to endure boredom again." Vettriana experienced a blend of gratitude and uncertainty in response.

Bending down to the rattlesnake, a hint of concern in her eyes, Vettriana questioned, "What if Abby becomes frightened upon seeing you?"

"Let's keep our friendship a secret."
With a determined nod, Vettriana agreed.

Suddenly, a Cockatrice appeared nearby and seemed intent on devouring the rattlesnake. It sprinted towards them, catching the snake's attention.

The rattlesnake, trembling with fear, stammered, "Wait, is that a rooster? W-why is it so enormous?" In a panic, the rattlesnake buried itself in the dirt, desperate to escape the looming threat of the Cockatrice.