Chapter 33

Manto and I were given a room, but we had not even so much as sat on the beds

Manto and I were given a room, but we had not even so much as sat on the beds. I have paced the room as Manto has done the same. Together we have been linking ideas for tonight, as the hostess believes we are sleeping in order to rest up for our start tomorrow morning to find the 'runaways'.

So far we are only on the grab them and run page.

Not helpful though. What if they react badly? Fido perks up.

Please enlighten us on any other plan then. I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair for the hundredth time.

We get quite a bit of information as the leader told us the mens age. It is sickening that one is still a middle aged teenager and the other just turned eighteen within the past two days. Yet the one would never reach being an adult if they stay here.

Their scents are off slightly just like Raine and Magnolia's were at first. Manto chimed in that it has to be the scent of the bears here making a natural scent to wolves be different. Since they are partially rogue and other partly not, as it is strange for them to be in a pack but not one of wolves. Also seems like the bruins here have a different to show who is in what pack as most bruin we have seen have a marking on their wrist with a basic symbol with an sideways nine. So it has helped we know who is bruin based on that observation Manto made early on in the Diner.

'What is your feels on the two?' Manto links me.

I turn to look at him while he is by the curtain and peering out the side of it.

'Honestly, I think they will come willingly once we can locate them. We just need to be truthful and they will follow us.'

Manto nods slowly then looks at me. 'I can agree with you on that. The youngest honestly looked a little scared.'

'Can't blame them though knowing what their future holds while stuck here. They wouldn't have known though if it wasn't for Raine and Magnolia making a run for it when they had.'

'That is the best part because it made the bruin here more protective over these two so they already know the truth.' Manto agrees.

'Thing is them being more protective could make it harder for us to get to them.' I state.

Manto smirks and shakes his head. 'While they may be more protective, they are also overly cocky about it. I can almost bet they won't have them heavily guarded tonight.'

I can't help but shake my head because somehow I agree with Manto. They may keep them close of the morning but these types of people wouldn't learn from their first mistake. Just from the vibe they put off their arrogance has made them stupid as they think they are inferrior.

'Do you really think bruin ran out the wolves here centuries ago?'

Manto sighs. 'If the wolves here were older sure but something tells me the bruja here use the bears to do their dirty work. It is more logical that the witches poisoned the wolves here making them weak and the bears just finished them off. Witches now days tend to be nicer than centuries back so these witches here could just be keeping tradition since many use the earths elements they could believe if they don't hold up the curses laid down centuries back then they would get bad luck so it makes sense they will be quick to curse the bruin so they don't fall.'

'This feels like a game of he said, she said. No way of knowing the actual truth.' I sigh.

'Sadly that is the way of the world on many things. Even more especially when dealing with old rituials, curses, or myths.'

We wait until everything is silent. The pack has went to sleep for the night, meaning it is our time to put our half way made plan into motion. Do I wish I could have gotten a little more information? Definitely. Do I want to stay around and get it? Hell no, because one they would be sending Manto and I out tomorrow to start the so called hunting job we got stuck with so we wouldn't be able to get anymore information from them. Sure we could have stuck around until morning easy to just leave. We can't leave these other two behind though, so tonight is our cover.

Manto slips the door open and with light feet we move without a single sound being made. Years of practice in the making to be able to do as such.

Our door was the last on this floor. Literally just three doors before we get to the room where we had seen a man push the two males into before we got shown to our room. Their door though is locked, not an easy when having a paperclip and small pocket knife. Manto gets set on unlocking the door and I keep watch out, just as he opens the door we both slip in.

"What are you doing?" The oldest whispers.

"We will get you to a safe place if you come with us."

"You don't smell like the others around here." He points out now.

"It's because we aren't our tonic has wore off." Manto replies. "We are wolves."

"Like Raine and Magnolia?"

"Yes. Raine is my mate and safely in our pack. You both can come with us and be safe with them there."

"They will find us eventually though. How can we be sure that you wolves won't do the same to us?" He asks once more.

"I can promise we won't and I know that may not mean much but trust me we can help. If they come and find either of you our entire pack will help to make sure you stay safe. My name is Seth and I am the Beta in training in our pack. This is Manto." I answer him and he nods at me.

"This is Rafel and I am, Ethan." The oldest tells us their names. 

"We will come with you. Something feels nicer about you both and we never felt that before what we can remember from being maybe eight." The teen replies as their eyes were glazed over a moment later.

"You can bring a bag or we will get you new things but it is important we leave now." I whisper as Manto nods. Our tonic has wore off and it could cause more troubles.

Each of them grab a bag from under their beds. "We were planning to run once we heard the truth last week but they put iron bars on our window and the door locked, made it hard to get out."

I smirk as Manto and I turn. Manto peeks his head out the door and then motions for us to follow. The four of us making way through the house incredibly easy as they truly must have no brains to think of anything happeing.

Overly cocky costed them in the best of ways. We free and got two more pack members coming with us. I know they stay Fido can feel it.

Smug wolf but I can feel it as well they truly are trusting us and it feels right.

Before we know it the woods is in front of us and we have ran through with no issue.

"Alright from here we shift." I whisper just as we cross the creek.

Manto shifts.

"Can you both shift or will you need to ride on our back?" I ask them both.

"We can shift." They nod.

A moment later what I see before my eyes makes Fido even stunned into silence.