Chapter 6: New Arrivals

Two new students have arrived at their school. One was Juleka's twin brother, Luka Couffaine. The other was Kagami Tsurugi. By now, life was somewhat really complicated with their jobs. It got even a bit more once Marinette met the guitarist.

"Oh! Sorry!" said Marinette after bumping into him.

"No, no, it's okay." said Luka.

It didn't take too long for Luka to notice her blindness and was always very delicate with her, always being sure that she's okay getting to where she needed to go. Marinette kind of felt like a baby because of that. Adrien would just allow her to carry her own weight.

Meanwhile, Adrien was having a bit of a hard time with blunt and creepy Kagami. When she first came up to Marinette, she just straight up asked, "are you blind?" Ardien was so close to just wringing her little neck for her. He was still focused on Marinette as his crush, doing his best to ignore his father.

"So, I hear that you have a beautiful voice." said Luka, "Do you sing often?"

"Oh, uh, well..." Marinette blushed slightly, "...in a way, yeah."

"Hmm. Interesting. How would you like to rehearse with me and my band later today?"

Marinette turned away from him, blushing a little bit brighter. She finally and sheepishly nodded. Nino, who was watching from afar, was forced to hold an-insanely jealous Adrien against a locker.

"Oh, let me at him!" Adrien struggled.

"Dude, calm down!" Nino hissed.

Finally, the Model was able to calm down. He then stared at the two as they began to walk away. Adrien muttered to himself how come she's already falling for Luka. It was undoubtedly true. That blushing, totally falling for him.

"Well, you did kind of not make a move on her like at all really." Nino pointed out.

"Okay...maybe I should actually start hinting at her now, huh?" asked Adrien.

"Either that or you just have to somehow just get it all out. Because the guitarist here's already more than twice the percentage you might have."

Adrien turned to Nino, growling at him, causing the DJ to just panic and take off super quickly.

...

Kagami and Adrien were practicing together. The sounds of footsteps and their raipiers whipping against each other could be heard. Marinette sat on a bench.

She smiled.

Even though she couldn't see it, just hearing the sounds helped her imagine what they were doing. Nooroo poked his little head out of one of her pigtails.

"You look happy." said the Kwami of Transmission.

"Yeah, you're right." said Marinette, "Hearing my friend fencing...fills me with joy."

"Hit!" called out one of the opponents.

...

Adrien sat next to Marinette. He chewed on a croissant happily, blushing a bit. He wished that Marinette could see him fencing. He felt bad for making her wait during his fencing practice with Kagami. It must've been boring for her.

If only she wasn't blind. She could possibly enjoy their fights. But like he said to Nino, blindness isn't going to stop him from loving Marinette. He remembered when his best friend first asked him about this kind of thing. He asked the Model if he was truly sure about something like this. Adrien was sure that this girl was indeed the one. Nino asked if his father would even allow it. The boy immediately interrupted with an "of course the old man wouldn't."

The blind baker then held up a box filled with other pastries, waiting for Kagami to come take one of them.

"Here!" said Marinette.

"Arigata." thanked Kagami.

"I'm sorry for making you wait." Adrien apologized.

"No, no." Marinette reassured, "Hearing your fence wasn't boring."

Kagami finished licking her fingers of the tasty flour. She then had an idea. A sneaky idea of course. And yes, it involved Adrien. Let's see how Adrien would do with this. She thought mischievously.

"Would you try fencing?" asked Kagami.

Both Marinette and Adrien froze into place. They both thought of the very different reasons they'd love Marinette to join.

Marinette could feel her whole body heat slightly as she imagined herself, proudly saying that she could fight. If Cat Noir were to ever get captured she could proudly say, "I'm coming, Chat!" She could also picture Cat Noir praising her for just how amazing she was. He'd be able to win her heart for sure.

And also, for once, she could actually be useful to her partner-in-justice. Even though she could finally help people, she could sometimes still feel useless. She and Cat Noir had only met so very few times.

Marinette would nearly jeopardize the mission multiple times every time she stepped into the battle arena in the flesh. That was why she'd always bring a Kamiko around, for support.

Adrien however, could imagine just Marinette taking off her helmet, looking so "badass," yes, he would dare to say it. He could train with her.

It'd be totally and completely awesome and amazing. He could train with Marinette, they could finally forge something in common together. And maybe perhaps Adrien could convince his father to see that Marinette is far more talented than Gabriel has always thought she was. She wouldn't be useless.

But even before, Marinette was never useless. She could already bake, and already has good friends. She's too amazing to ditch now. And if Marinette chooses to fence, even more.

So maybe he could perhaps help Marinette, he could do "it"...but...would his father allow it? Could his father most certainly do that for a "simple useless civilian" as he father would call her.

The two then saw Kagami, waiting patiently for Marinette's answer. The blind baker cleared her throat.

"C...can I?" Marinette asked hesitantly.

"It sounds cool!" Adrien encouraged in excitement.

"My mother is a blind fencer!" said Kagami, also excited, "I can teach you."

Later, that day, Kagami then began to coach Marinette. Unfortunately, this was the day when Adrien realized that he may have just created a rival, in a way, as far as he could tell anyway.

What have I done? He thought dreadfully.

...

Luka and Marinette were brought to the stage. She was told some of the lyrics and the notes. She got them all. Adrien watched as they rehearsed.

"She's mine, Luka." he smirked, "But I'd love a challenge."

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!