Chapter 3: First Patrol Face-to-Face

Cat Noir waited on the rooftop all alone. It's been several weeks since he and this "Lady Butterfly" first appeared in Paris. Her Kamikos were quite fascinating. However, it wouldn't hurt if she'd actually show up every once and awhile.

She wasn't a coward, that much Cat Noir believed. Although...

All of a sudden, he heard a small thud behind him. Cat Noir turned sharply behind to see Lady Butterfly herself, standing by.

"Who...who are you?" he asked.

"I'm Lady Butterfly." said Lady Butterfly, "I'm your partner.  In a way."

Her suit was amazingly beautiful.  It was mainly purple.  It glittered slightly at the almost-wing looking skirt, her arms, and on her long purple boots.  She also had what seemed to the be a pair of wings on her lower back.  

Lady Butterfly's mask, however, was most...unusual.  It looked more like a blindfold.  It had a butterfly-shape, but it even covered where the eyes should be.

"You...don't like people seeing your eyes?" asked Cat Noir as politely as possible.

"In a way." said Lady Butterfly, "You see...well...I can't see all that well."

Cat Noir then thought about his crush, Marinette.  She was blind.  And of course this is already decreasing the suspect pool by a lot, he somehow just couldn't see Marinette fighting.  Did he think she was useless, no.  Not one single bit.

He wondered if he could possibly ask her, but he rememebred Plagg mentioning that their identities need to stay secret.  Of course it was for their saftey, but one could never be to sure when it comes to...

Lady Butterfly interrupted his thoughts.

"So, Cat Noir, right?" she asked.

"O-Oh, uh, yes." replied Cat Noir.

He then took her hand and shook it.  Lady Butterfly blushed.  And Cat Noir thought back to the first time they met.

"Right." he said, "Lady Wifi mentioned that you had a-"

"C-Crush on you?  No, no...y-yes..." Lady Butterfly stuttured.

Cat Noir then chuckled slightly to himeslf.  He already had his heart set on Marinette.  But it wasn't really Lady Butterfly's fault for crushing on him so quickly.  It's not everyday one could see for the first time and the first thing just happened to be a "devilishly handsome" boy like him.

"C-Can we just patrol right now?" Lady Butterfly muttered.

"You sure about that?" asked Cat Noir, concerned.

"Y-Yeah, yeah.  I can do it.  I've been doing good so far."

"Okay."

...

The two patrolled for a few hours.  

With the Sentimonsters appearing out of literally nowhere, the two decided to start coming up with patrol dates.  Now mainly it Cat Noir and one of Lady Butterfly's Kamikos since she mainly couldn't see.

And Lady Butterfly outloudly thought that she thought she could patrol in-person from now on.

"So how come you want that, My Lady?" asked Cat Noir.

Lady Butterfly blushed at that.  "My Lady" was something he's been (indirectly) calling her about a week after they began this whole saving-the-world career.  

"Oh, I just thought that way it'd be more comfortable." Lady Butterfly explained, "Because most of my Kamikos feel uncomfortable whenever you call me, or them by accident 'My Lady.'"

"Makes a bunch of sense actually." replied Cat Noir, "But what if a Sentimonster suddenly appears?"

"Oh, I can get an ally by then."

The two then started to chat more about their life.  Or somewhat when it comes to the secret identity rules.  They didn't get too far.  Cat Noir was most okay with them.  It made sense.  In case if they were to ever get captured and get tortured or something like that, they could end up being forced to rat out each other.

"So," said Cat Noir, smirking a bit, "I remember Lady Wifi saying that you said I was 'beautiful.'  May I ask what that was about?"

"I...well...uh..." stammered Lady Butterfly, "...I guess one would say that I...have a...crush on you?"

"Really?  Love at first site?"

"W-Well...out of a-all kinds of people I c-could've been able to see for the f-f-first time...it's you."

"Wait, wait...'see for the first time'?"

Lady Butterfly then began to explain her powers.  

She could see through the eyes of those she Kamikotizes.  Lady Wifi for example.  Whenever it was used for negative emotions, the people "Akumatized" as it was called by her Kwami, Nooroo, the victim would forget the crimes they did.  

However, when it comes to Kamikos, it sort of erases memories of the user.  The example is that she ends up forgetting what she saw, only knowing what she did.  

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Cat Noir apologized.

"It's alright." replied Lady Butterfly, "It's not your fault.  I was born this way."

She then felt a pair of arms, knowing it was Cat Noir's, wrapping around her.  She hugged back.  She smiled as her face met his chest.

"It was nice patrolling with you, Kitty." she quipped.

"Hehe, thanks." replied Cat Noir.

Lady Butterfly then began to head back home while Cat Noir patrolled for a little longer.  He hoped he and his partner can defeat this "Hawk Moth" guys soon.  Very soon.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!