Chapter 28: The Baseball Idiot's day off

Começar do início

Sora has sent a new picture.

Cheetah: AHHH! DELETE THAT!!!

Future Ace: Wahaha! That looks great!

Cheetah: Shut your face, Bakamura! We're sparring when I get back into our room!

Cap Cannon: I really don't feel like catching for any of you anymore...

Future Ace: Argh! Cap, no!!!

Sora: Fucking finally! I deserve a little bit of peace...

Cap Cannon: Oi! What's that supposed to mean?!

White Assassin: But I gotta say that freshly iced look has some style...

Master Scout: True. And it's probably healthy. Good for the blood pressure.

Missile Man: I like my crushed ice flavored.

Kane: The third years sure are merciless!

Guardian Spirit: Well, that's Ryou-san for you, I guess...

Power Batter: Just for the record, I as the official second vice-captain approve of the taken countermeasures.

OnoOno: Zono...

Nice Guy: Well said, Zono-senpai!

Sora: Omg, I love you guys. Hahaha!

The Kuramochi and Miyuki bashing went on for another few minutes until the blue haired girl decided to say her goodbyes and leave the group chat.

It was Sunday and a rare day off of practice to let the bodies of the players rest. Sora would've liked to sleep in a little longer, but the two idiots being pranked by the almost graduates had made up for it more than enough. The young girl made a mental note to show it to Ten after breakfast.

Since she was used to morning practice, Sora went for a light jog and did some stretching. Nothing too exhausting because the coach was strict in his orders. During breakfast she asked her parents if they would need any help in the wellness center, but they denied and told her to have some free time for herself.

After a short shower and after her family had left, the blue haired girl was indeed alone and had nothing to do. When had been the last time she had felt so much freedom? Must've been a century ago already.

Her shift in the cosplay café wouldn't start until afternoon and there she would be able to see her senpais and later also Sawamura again. The young southpaw would pick her up and take her back to the Seidou compounds after work as always.

The blue haired girl made a spontaneous decision, got dressed in a hurry and left the house to go to the next subway station. It didn't take very long until she arrived at a certain huge and very classy High School compound. Not every baseball team would have a day off after all, right? She only had to watch out not to be noticed.

Of course she could've come in male attire, but somehow Sora doubted that it would've been much appreciated, so she tried to stay hidden in the massive crowd of spectators. That was much easier than anticipated, given the sheer number of squealing fangirls. Sora rolled her cerulean eyes as she spotted her target for the day grinning cockily and posing for the journalists in the middle of his baseball practice in the bullpen.

"Alright, we're done", the stern voice of their coach ordered just a few moments later. "Make sure to cool down and to stretch properly and be back for afternoon practice on time!"